Why is this role important?
As our Senior Graphic Designer, reporting to the Sr. Manager, Creative and Brand Communications, you will lead concept development, art direction, visual strategy and execution of marketing materials for a variety of Shoppers Drug Mart/Pharmaprix Campaigns including health, beauty, promotions etc. Working with Copywriters, Marketing leads, Social and Digital teams, you’ll take each campaign from conception to final execution across all channels (in-store signage, SDM Web & Email, Social, Digital Screens, Direct Mail, etc.) – all while adhering to Shoppers Drug Mart brand standards.
Your passion for all things design, keen eye for trends and masterful on-set direction will be the driving force behind bringing each campaign to life.
What You'll Do:
- Balance creative thinking with time management, organization and acute attention to detail
- Be involved in all aspects of creative from initial conception, overall look and style, to direction of creative on set at photo shoots, to approval of post and layouts for Shoppers Drug Mart marketing initiatives
- Offer a confident creative point of view and work collaboratively with multiple teams (Copy Writers, Production Artists) while building relationships with creative partners, marketing teams, photographers etc.
- Collaborate with marketing teams and the wider business teams to ideate, develop creative aligned with wider marketing messages and ensure content is used effectively
- Have an in depth understanding of imagery, composition and design, as well a strong ability to communicate and collaborate as well as proven experience on set with stills and video teams
- Determine the photography, art or other design elements to be used
- Integrate creative concept throughout many channels (in-store signage, SDM Web & Email, Social, Digital Screens, Digital Media, Direct Mail, etc.
- Must be a self-starter with excellent attention to detail, organizational, communication, and project management skills, with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be able to prioritize when required, work on multiple projects at a time and manage tight timelines independently
- Pitch, present and champion ideas & concepts to senior team members
- Research and provide recommendations based on best practices as well as industry and consumer trends
- Implement design solutions to support the direction and focus established for projects
- Ensure the integrity of all creative is maintained according to brand guideline and standards
- Assist in clearly defining the production requirements for each project
What You'll Need:
- College or University degree in Graphic Design
- 6-8 years of experience in the Graphic Design/Art Direction/Marketing field in creative development and execution, with a focus on Retail, Health and Beauty
- Experience in a retail environment is preferred
- Excellent creative and visual conceptualization, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively pitch and present ideas
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, evolving, dynamic environment
- Detail oriented, highly enthusiastic and a team player, with positive attitude and high energy level
- Ability to execute projects from rough concepts to the finished product across all channels
- Knowledgeable in all aspects of graphic design: layout, typography, colour theory and production processes
- Ability to develop innovative design solutions in accordance with company requirements and within brand standards
- Ability to prioritize work and handle multiple projects with tight deadlines
- In-depth knowledge of all design related software applications (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat) in a MAC environment
- Ability to easily adapt to new technology and adopt internal workflow systems
- Bilingualism (French/English) is considered an asset
How You’ll Succeed:
At Loblaw, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Type of Role:
Temporary with Benefits (Fixed Term)
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
You can apply online here.