Graphic Designer - Toronto
Gow Hastings Architects has an immediate opening for a graphic designer to join our Toronto-based, award-winning architecture and interior design studio. Specializing in public buildings, we provide fully integrated, multidisciplinary consulting services in architecture, interior design, and graphic design. We’re on the lookout for a versatile visual communicator who can work effortlessly at different scales, from print/digital collateral to building environmental graphics.
Excellent professional growth opportunity with competitive salary and benefits. Fun, friendly people; summer hours; beer Fridays; and lots of birthday cakes are some of the highlights of our open work culture. However, we think the best draw is the pretty amazing view of the city from our perch near Casa Loma!
- Degree in Art, Design, Communications
- Experience working in a design services or architecture studio environment
- Creative and self-motivated individual
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Highly-developed graphic sensibility with an excellent grasp of typography and layout
- Flexibility to work independently or as a team
- Nimbleness and ability to balance multiple deadlines against competing priorities
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Cloud and MS Office on MAC/PC
Working collaboratively with both the marketing and project teams, the graphic designer is responsible for:
- Wide range of graphic communications assignments, including: proposals, presentations, awards submissions, publications, and marketing material, in print, digital, and/or web;
- Ensuring brand strength and alignment across multiple channels and all touch points;
- Visuals for press and media communications;
- Website maintenance and social media engagement;
- Graphic documentation of projects;
- Project-based environmental graphic design;
- Photography coordination and database management
The role is open to discussion as best fits an applicant’s experience and abilities. Please submit your application, including a PDF or weblink portfolio, to .