You’re a great fit for this role if you are passionate about user-centric design and have proven experience owning and executing on various UX initiatives. You possess a toolkit of proven user research and testing methodologies, you’re comfortable with mainstream design technology, and you’re always interested in the latest product design trends! You also feel that no design or hypothesis is proven until properly tested with users. Finally, while you’re not afraid to speak your mind on design best practices, you’re also open to feedback from both customers and colleagues.
What will your day-to-day look like?
- Advocating for good user experience across our various products including a point-of-sale software, e-commerce site, league management tool and mobile app.
- Providing design direction and guidance during various planning, strategy and road map discussions and ensuring all designs conform with our visual pattern libraries and style guides.
- Assisting with translating user stories into higher fidelity wireframes, mock-ups and prototypes.
- Incorporating industry-best design practices into your work, articulating design choices and providing rationale.
- Working with our development team to implement and integrate your designs.
You probably possess some of the following skills/ experience/ interest:
- Degree / diploma in Design, Graphic Design, User Experience Design, or related field
- 3-5 years of work experience championing UX initiatives.
- Proficiency in design fundamentals like typography, color theory, layout, responsive web design and user-centered design principles.
- Knowledge of current and emerging standards in design trends.
- Proficiency in common user research and usability testing methodologies and using data to inform your designs and decisions.
- Proven experience working with HTML & CSS.
- A strong understanding of Accessible Design (WCAG).
- Proficiency with industry-standard design technology such as Sketch, InVision Studio, Figma and Adobe’s Creative Suite.
Bonus if you possess some of the following skills/ experience:
- Bootstrap framework
- Agile development methodologies
What else do you want to know?
- We’re a small, nimble team of 45 but are backed by one of the largest software companies in Canada, Constellation Software.
- We offer a flexible, fun working environment and we’re not all about clocking in/out.
- We work with the most prestigious universities in North America.
- A competitive benefits and vacation (3 weeks + 5 flex days) package are included.
- Professional development is important to us, which is why we’ll reimburse you for up to 5% of your annual salary for role-relevant courses and seminars you take.
InnoSoft is a software company that has developed Fusion - an application that makes it easy to manage recreation facilities and its members. Our platform integrates hardware and software and provides applications for desktop and mobile users. We help to manage recreation departments for some of the biggest and best universities in Canada and the United States – including the University of Michigan, the University of Florida, Notre Dame, LSU, Western and Waterloo to name a few.
Interested parties are asked to include the following with their application:
- Printed Portfolio or URL to portfolio
- Cover Letter to introduce yourself
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
You can apply online here.