Reporting to the Manager, Corporate Marketing and Design, this is a senior level strategic, graphic design position. The successful candidate will help drive a growing, in-house creative agency that is responsible for developing sophisticated and innovative design solutions for Toronto Pearson.
- Providing visual creative and conceptual direction for internal and external audiences. This includes, but is not limited to, graphic design for print and digital media comprised of layout, typography, colour theory, production work, photography and photomanipulation, animation and the development of customized, corporate vector iconography and other vector material supporting corporate design language.
- Collaborate fully with internal/external communications to translate marketing strategies into innovative, viable, and benefit oriented creative concepts brilliantly
- Requires expert-level proficiency in the use of Adobe CC for Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign; advanced skills in Adobe CC for Acrobat, Premier, PowerPoint, After Effects and Animator.
- Overseeing pre-production, production and post production on all projects and campaigns while adhering to budgets.
- Help to define and act as a steward of the company’s Brand by creating and maintaining the standards of the Brand and constantly looking for opportunities to elevate the quality of the work we do.
- The position requires high proficiency working in a MAC environment and familiarity with the PC platform. Must ensure that all visual content adheres to GTAA and Toronto Pearson brand standards, including look, feel, voice and tone.
- Contribute to the sharing of ideas and the development of design standards
- Creation and development of strategic conceptual “pitches” to internal and external stakeholders
- Thought leader in the intersection between design and environment
- Experience in interaction design, user-centered experience design, brand development, and digital marketing
- Maintain the “Corporate Marketing and Design Media Library” by adhering to all policies and procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, following file saving and backup procedures; adhering to folder structuring, naming conventions and version control protocol; and the appropriate use of software programs based on the design requirements
- Respond to requests by internal stakeholders for the supply of visual assets for internal and external corporate communication purposes
- • Assist in various media, community and employee relations activities and events, as assigned
- Provide adhoc photographic or videography support
- Operational Excellence
- Must be able to think critically and ask the right questions to help clients clearly articulate their overarching, design objectives.
- Must be able to translate these objectives into a cohesive strategy and compelling visual narratives. This includes seeing projects through all stages of the design development cycle including market-segment research; gathering visual and behavioural insights; producing iterative, conceptual designs, strategy, and completing the creative execution.
- Collaborating with Stakeholder Relations teams to create design-based thinking pilots and synthesize findings to inform decision making and measure outcomes
- Leading the way in which we build intuitive user experiences across all marketing efforts by putting the passenger experience first
- Physical ability to work in complex environments, for assessments and installations, user interface observations, videography and photography.
- Ability to work across multiple business units with highly diverse business interests and stakeholder audiences (e.g., airport operations, retail, brand, internal and external communications, government relations, community relations, security, safety and construction).
- Conduct needs analysis and brand audits as required
- Use data and research to inform decision making and measure outcomes
- Provide solutions to business to increase awareness / engagement of information
- Provide alternate visual approaches to business requests
- Review business information, key metrics to better understand customer needs and provide a holistic approach to business needs.
- Build a behavioral change culture/approach to simple/complex design requests
- Conduct research and synthesize findings to assist with the development of a visual design system strategy that delivers on client goals and business unit objectives.
- Apply a deep understanding of culture, trends and human behavior to the development of sophisticated design system solutions.
- Ability to understand, assimilate and interpret research and data analytics to determine key audience insights and develop smart creative solutions that are informed by and aligned to the strategic business objectives of individuals internal clients.
- Must be able to think critically and ask the right questions and to help clients articulate their communication objectives and translate these into sophisticated, design system solutions.
- Conduct audits and analyses of existing marketing and communications collateral for clients to help develop strategic, creative solutions that solve for real business problems.
Client and Account Management
- Work with clients throughout the organization, including members of the extended leadership team, to understand objectives.
- Must be able to use communications and persuasion skills to influence outcomes, in the best interest of organization.
- Understand client budgets, and provide innovate design solutions that offer economical savings
- Solid understanding of business unit objectives and goals, and an ability to translate this into visual strategies
- Build strong relationships with internal clients and all creative resources to develop a professional alliance and increase the business and benefit all who are involved in the process.
- Judge creative concepts and copy, and clearly communicate creative direction to others through a pitch deck and presentation
- Demonstrate superior leadership and collaboration skills; and excellent communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrate strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, project management (from conception to completion), and planning skills.
- Rotational weekend and evening coverage for calls related to operational issues and emergencies
- A college diploma in Graphic Design or equivalent experience or one of the following university degrees: a B.F.A., B.A. in Marketing, B.A. in Business Administration (focusing on Marketing), or a B.A. in Social Sciences (focusing on Psychology, Sociology, Marketing, or Human Factors).
- A strong graphic design portfolio and demonstrated technical and visual expertise with the most recent Adobe CC software.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience working as an art director, creative director or senior graphic designer.
- Minimum of 8 years’ working in a large, advertising agency, developing high-end, print and digital graphic design projects from conception to execution and production.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working directly on the development and leadership of and integrated, corporate marketing campaigns.
- Must be able to obtain and retain Transportation Security Clearance at the designated level for the position
- Driver’s License is required with the potential to acquire an AVOP license.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Highly proficient in the latest version of Adobe CC (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator). Proficient with Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects and Animator; Highly proficient working in a Mac environment and familiarity with the PC platform.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel (including the development of graphs and pivot tables), Word, PowerPoint, Projects and Office 365.
- Ability to manage budgets, project billable hours, create budget plans for campaigns, and negotiate costs with vendors.
- Ability to manage complex projects with multiple stakeholders, negotiate timelines, track project progress, provide account management to stakeholders to ensure projects run smoothly, prioritize deliverables, work independently and meet deadlines.
- Ability to write creative briefs. Ability to design, prepare and present creative pitches to clients, negotiate deliverables deadlines and effectively manage client expectation.
- Ability to analyze data and interpret audit results – and apply findings to visual strategies
- Ability to use design-based thinking to create visual strategies that impact end user experience
- Regularly attend and participate fully in briefs, product group meetings and client presentations; attend client briefs and research as needed
- Demonstrated talent for high-caliber creative conceptualizing and writing
- Fluency in French (written and spoken), preferred but not required
Please apply directly here.