The Ontario Chamber of Commerce (OCC) is a not-for-profit business advocacy organization representing approximately 60,000 businesses of all sizes, in all economic sectors and from every area of the province.
We are seeking a recent graduate to join our dynamic team as a Junior Graphic Designer. As part of the Public Affairs Team, this position will be responsible for leading the design and brand strategy for the organization.
The successful candidate will work collaboratively with all departments and outside stakeholders, including government, and ensure finished products covey the necessary message and uphold OCC brand standards.
Responsibilities will be overall strategy, layout and production design for a range of materials including, but not limited to, website and social media visuals, brochures, pamphlets, letters, formal submissions, and policy reports.
Location: 180 Dundas St. West, Toronto, Suite 1500
Reports to: VP, Public AffairsHours: Full time, Monday-Friday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m
- Post-Secondary degree, preferably from an accredited design program
- Work experience with an organization or brand is an asset but not necessary
- Excellent organizational, time management and planning skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects
- Outstanding creative thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to work as part of a team or independently, with excellent judgment
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Up to date with the latest software and computer technologies to remain competitive
- Proven proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite including Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Wordpress, HTML, CSS, and Multimedia Design Software (Acrobat, etc.)
- Understanding of graphic standards and accessible designing
- Artistic ability – you must be able to create designs that are artistically interesting and appealing to the audience
- Experience working within a company’s brand standards/guidelines
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with the Policy Team to design reports, submissions, letters and templates for both print and web
- Work with the Events Team to design signage, invitations, programs, PowerPoint presentations, brochures, pamphlets and other event related materials for both Signature and Policy functions.
- Work with Membership Teams to develop forms, brochures, and other member-facing marketing materials.
- Work with Public Affairs Team to oversee brand management for OCC and all of its initiatives, such as print and electronic marketing materials, and visuals for social media and website use.
- Design all internal documents, including business cards, stationary, letterheads, forms, etc.
- Please send your CV and cover-letter addressed to Michelle Eaton, Vice President, Public Affairs, Ontario Chamber of Commerce at .
The Ontario Chamber of Commerce is an equal opportunity employer and provides employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.