Are you a rock star Creative Director looking to lead a talented team of awesome people crafting campaigns and marketing materials for some of the country's biggest brands? If so... read on!
Elite Digital is looking for a talented, multi-skilled Creative Director that will lead the creative studio. This is a perfect role for an individual with a passion for design, a desire to teach, and a limitless amount of creativity.
Elite Digital is an award-winning digital-first marketing agency that is growing rapidly. For over 16 years, we have worked with many of the country’s leading brands as their one-stop partner for cohesive digital marketing campaigns, print campaigns, web design and development, social media, search marketing, mobile apps, marketing automation, and more. We have a client roster spanning multiple verticals, which leads to new and exciting challenges and opportunities. We are known for our high-quality innovative work powered by really amazing people.
A few of our proud accolades...
- Top 400 Growing Companies 2019 (#80), Globe & Mail
- Growth 500, Canada's Fastest Growing Companies 2018 (#87) & 2019 (#101), Canadian Business
- Business Excellence Award, Toronto Board of Trade
- Best Consumer Website, Summit International Awards
- Best Consumer Micro-site, Summit International Awards
- Best Rebranding, Summit International Awards
- Top 50 Email Service Providers, Website Magazine
- Canada’s Top 300 IT Companies, Backbone Magazine
JOB LOCATIONToronto, ON (M9L 1S7)
The Creative Director holds ultimate responsibility for our clients’ marketing activities and oversees the development and delivery of fully integrated marketing strategies to them. They are the creative and strategic lead, working with internal teams (designers, developers, PMs, and DET), freelancers and client-side stakeholders to create and deliver a vision for our clients. They will oversee the creative strategic process. They will need to be focused on giving guidance to the creative and strategic talent who work under them to launch new impressive projects. They approve all work created by their staff and often work directly with clients to present that work. The Creative Director follows the latest trends in design, advertising and marketing, helping to attract clients, as well as recruit and hire staff for their team. The Creative Director will achieve the best possible outcome visually to meet customer expectations and drive sustainable growth.
- Contribute to onboarding meetings with clients to establish project requirements and tone
- Conduct industry research to review competitors and determine consistencies in the industry to establish how this client will stand out (Competitor analysis, browsing sites for inspiration)
- Responsible for establishing the sitemap, information architecture, user flows for websites
- Run brainstorming sessions with Art Directors and/or Sr. Designers to establish sitemap and user flows
- Brainstorm with creative, marketing (strategy), or other key departments to develop concepts
- Responsible for presenting concepts and UX presentations at the beginning of the project and ad hoc when necessary to clients for approval
- Sketch wireframes for main pages and concepts to pass on to Art Directors
- Contributing to the strategy of marketing plans based on client specifications
- Complete Creative Brief and curate mood boards for projects
- Work collaboratively with creative team at all levels on design deliverables by giving feedback as it applies to each project
- Lead, train, inspire and mentor creative team, setting the creative standards and objectives for all tasks
- Review and approve all final design work before final execution or launch of project
- Work with Human Resources to hire new creative staff
- Create and deliver employee evaluations for all design staff
- Source freelancers for excess work due to capacity and expertise needed
- Sketch storyboards alongside Creative Copywriter for video work
- Attend sales presentations (RFPs) to help clients understand the creative angle of each project
- Contribute to RFPs in conjunction with other AMs and Directors
- Ensure that each project has the specific financial (utilizing budget available) and personnel resources it requires to be successful
- Strategize and implement marketing materials for Elite Digital to help increase exposure and contribute to business development
- Commit to concepts and ideas and re-evaluate when projects are unsuccessful
- Assist Project Managers to establish timelines for design deliverables on new and existing projects
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Post secondary degree or diploma in Graphic Design, Web Design or related field
- Degree or Diploma in Marketing and/or Advertising or equivalent experience
EXPERIENCE, TECHNICAL SKILLS and KEY COMPETENCIES
- 8+ years of professional experience in graphic and/or web design
- 4+ years of working knowledge and understanding of UX strategy
- 4+ years of experience sourcing creative talent and conducting interviews
- 4+ years managing designers and leading a team of 20+
- 4+ years of experience directing photo and video shoots on site and in studio
- Expert in design software: Adobe Creative Cloud applications (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), and Sketch
- 5+ years of experience in printing processes and pre-press
- 5+ years of working knowledge of CSS, CMS, HTML
- Prior knowledge working with prototyping tools and the ability to learn new tools quickly for UX (Invision, Adobe XD, Balsamiq, Marvel, etc.)
- Video editing and knowledge of After Effects and Premiere (An asset)
- Must have excellent visual design skills and attention to details
- Have exceptional organizational skills and multitasking capabilities
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please make it clear within your cover letter. We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.
Please send all cover letters, resumes and links to portfolios citing the position title in the subject line. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.