Design de Plume Inc., a National, award-winning creative studio based in Sudbury, is looking for a full-time UX/Graphic Designer.
The UX/Graphic Designer will work with our creative teams to plan and design user-friendly, digital experiences along with some responsibility for print design. Our ideal team member will easily work with the creative team, developers, and clients to produce web materials, maintain standards, and create interesting online productions.
- Work well in a team with decision-makers, developers, and creatives.
- Expertly communicate ideas through wireframes, mock-ups, prototypes and other documentation.
- Passion for learning and providing others with updates to industry trends and standards.
- Confidence in presenting and explaining ideas to clients and colleagues.
- Strong aesthetic sense.
- 2 or more years experience in a UX or Web Design position.
- Portfolio to be presented during the interview.
- Experience creating wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, user flows, etc.
- Expertise in WordPress.
- Expertise in the Adobe Creative Suite – Esp. InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and XD
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Powerpoint.
- General knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3.
- Member of RGD and Sudbury Design Society considered an asset.
- College Diploma in Graphic Design.
- Interpret design briefs and provide project insights.
- Theme and populate websites by adding content.
- Issue weekly status updates.
- Estimate project time and update project manager.
- Provide creative design(s) that meet client needs.
- Create presentations (prototypes, mockups, etc) and rationals of created materials for approval (external/internal).
- Adhere to budget and timeline schedules.
- Interpret constructive feedback in your design process.
- Proof-read your own work and correct errors.
- Create final files that are error free and following file-naming requirements.
- Assist in updating DDP’s website.
- Enter all hours accurately in time-keeping system (completed daily by end of day).
- Actively participate in weekly staff and project meetings and creative-led conversations.
- Support Design de Plume’s overall culture, values and mission.
- Contribute to an environment that is clean, efficient, professional, proactive, and team oriented.
- Indigenous cultural knowledge and sensitivity considered an asset.
- French basic spoken and written skills considered an asset.
- Position is open until filled.
Indigenous applicants are encouraged to apply.
About Design de Plume Inc:
Design de Plume Inc. is a national, Indigenously-owned, women-owned communication studio that uses design to address the creative needs of business and organizations throughout North America. Design de Plume Inc. aims to deliver innovative solutions that leverage user-friendly technology and authentic designs while encouraging education and understanding about effective creative communication. Our clients include private companies, not-for-profit organizations, governments, First Nations, and communities, working on both short and long-term creative projects.
The Design de Plume team has reputation as a leader in Indigenous design and innovation.
Design de Plume is a fast-paced work environment with tight deadlines on occasion. We have a supportive collaborative team to help each other with the workload. We also support autonomous problem solving and encourage our staff to create and express their own solutions.
We especially encourage applications from Indigenous individuals to apply.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
You can find some additional details here.