Closing Date: February 2, 2020
Two Contracts, Full Time (15 month and 12 Month)
Our strategic plan, Metamorphosis, continues to drive us to embrace more innovative ideas to communicate and collaborate more effectively, create the capacity for us to form new partnerships and position us to become leaders in conservation. We are looking to build our team with the kind of inspired, ambitious people that aren’t satisfied with the status quo, that see the opportunity in every challenge, are driven by measurable results and thrive in a busy work environment. If you are looking to join an environmentally-focused, socially-conscious community organization, then we are looking for you!
Have you mastered the ins and outs of Adobe Creative Suite? Are you able to pivot from illustration for a children’s festival, to layouts for a corporate publication, to social media graphics for a fundraising campaign, to billboard ads for a ski and snowboard centre in the same day? Do you like to be involved in projects from brainstorming with multiple stakeholders to polishing the final touches before launch? The Graphic Designer is key to the many brands associated with Conservation Halton, and if you answered yes to the above, this position could be for you.
Reporting to the Manager of Marketing, the Graphic Designer will be involved with a wide range of projects and programs throughout our entire organization.
- Design and print collateral for Conservation Halton’s corporate brand, sub-brands and programs
- Prepare web layouts and graphics for Conservation Halton, Glen Eden and other affiliated websites
- Prepare graphics for social media and other digital media
- Design and coordinate the production of conservation area directional, building, promotional and interpretive signageDevelop portable and permanent displays
- Collaborate with teams for campaign and collateral development, provide creative consultation and concepts that align with strategic objectives
- Provide creative support as required for events, including the Conservation Halton Foundation Gala
- Follow projects from concept stage through to completion and ensure brand alignment across all touch points
- Manage photo shoots and maintain an inventory of high quality and high impact photos that reflect the brand
- Build positive relationships and respect different creative ideas
- Contribute to a dynamic and engaged corporate culture
- Suggest sustainable solutions when possible for recurring projects, services and supplies
- Post-secondary education in graphic design or a related field
- Proven experience in a graphic design environment, minimum 2 years of experience
- A portfolio of strong creative work that demonstrates diverse design sensibilities
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Strong knowledge of print production
- Photography and editing skills are a strong asset
- Illustration and video skills are assets
- Ability to provide realistic timelines for project delivery, be accountable in meeting deadlines, adapt to a changing environment in which unexpected priorities often arise
- Flexible and willing to adapt design ideas to meet technical criteria and tight deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills, able to multitask and strong attention to detail
- Team player and self-starter with a positive attitude
- Able to work in a PC environment
- Occasional evening and weekend work required
- Starting at $61,043 annually based on a 35-hour work week
- You will work in inspiring setting with views of the Niagara Escarpment and no traffic lights for several miles
- You will work with a creative, talented and solutions-focused team
- You will work for an organization that places tremendous value on the professional development and wellness of its employees
- Free access to Conservation Ontario parks
- Season passes and lift tickets for the Glen Eden ski and snowboard area
- Discounts on Conservation Halton services, food and merchandise
Our Core Values
Be Respectful: Respect one another, celebrate diversity, and embrace new ideas.
Be Adaptable: Change is constant. Channel your passion, be innovative, and focus on results.
Be Collaborative: Share your knowledge, listen to understand, and always communicate clearly.
Be Sustainable: In everything you do, think conservation.
Be Accountable: Uphold your integrity, demonstrate measurable progress, and strive for excellence.
Please email your application to by February 2, 2020 at 11:59pm.
Your application should include:
- Your resume and cover letter in one pdf document
- Your portfolio as a pdf or website link
- Reference your name and the position title in the subject line
- In the body of your email, please indicate where you heard about this opportunity
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Conservation Halton is an equal opportunity employer in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Conservation Halton will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. Personal information provided is collected under the authority of The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.