Founded in 1981 in response to an emerging need for specialized planning services in the museum, cultural and heritage sector, Lord Cultural Resources, with the successful completion of more than 2,500 projects in over 57 countries on 6 continents, has earned an international reputation for sector leadership, innovation and excellence.
We are dedicated to the creation of cultural capital worldwide, the value created as a result of the maximization of cultural resources. Our mission is to collaborate with people and organizations to plan and manage cultural places, programs and resources that deliver excellence in the service of society. We distinguish ourselves through a comprehensive and integrated full-service offering built on a foundation of visioning, planning and implementation. We help clients clarify their goals; we provide them with the tools to achieve those goals; and we leave a legacy as a result of training and collaboration. Our clients are in all sectors including private and public corporations, foundations, governments and non-profit institutions.
With a network of offices in Toronto, Los Angeles, New York, London, Madrid, Dubai, Mumbai and Beijing, we conduct ourselves with respect for local adaptation, cultural diversity and collaboration, embodying the highest standards of integrity, ethics and professional practice.. Please visit our website at www.lord.ca to learn more.
If you are interested in the role, please submit a cover letter, resume, and portfolio to before February 21st, 2020. Applications will be reviewed as they are received. In your portfolio please include examples of editorial and promotional design. Samples of content marketing/campaign management and exhibition design would be an asset.
As a member of the Communications team, reporting to Manager, Business Development, the Graphic Communications Designer is responsible for designing a wide variety of products including editorial layouts, marketing materials, and exhibition graphics. The Graphic Communications Designer will also contribute to the conceptualization and execution of communications and content marketing efforts.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- • Create engaging designs as per Consultants and Client consultations and requests (with a focus on editorial graphic design);
- • Design corporate and promotional graphics and content marketing assets for print and online (i.e. business cards, brochures, social media graphics, infographics);
- • 2D graphic design for internal and external projects and clients; including exhibition design (concept design, design development, preparation of production-ready files);
- • Collaborates and communicates with Manager, Business Development, Senior Management, and Consultants to translate project needs into beautiful designs ensuring designs are approved and products are completed on time;
- • Communicates with consultants to finalize designs and adjusts designs according to feedback;
- • Responds to the need of report, proposal, presentation and any other communication materials (i.e. design, formatting, editing, printing, copying, binding);
- • Electronic communications (e-blasts) and social media forums, including coding (html), uploading content (content management system);
- • Collaborates with the communications team to conceptualize strategic communication campaigns;
- • Assistance in planning and execution of office events and conferences as needed;
- • Participates in internal teams and initiatives as required;
- • Administrative support and tasks such as responding to information requests, ordering office supplies, coordinating with external printers and suppliers, and completion of timesheets; and
- • Other duties as required.
The qualified candidate must be a self-starter, motivated, committed and adaptable team player. You must be detail oriented and quality conscious, have impeccable time and project management skills, and have a genuine enthusiasm in museums, culture, and the arts. Other key qualifications include:
- Demonstrated graphic design and editorial design experience;
- Detail-oriented and committed to delivering high-quality products;
- Good eye for page layout and interested in design trends;
- Proven Experience in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); including MS Word design and layout tools;
- Highly proficient with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Acrobat Pro, and/or other design software;
- 2-4 years’ design related experience;
- Relevant post-secondary degree or diploma in Graphic Design or related discipline and/or equivalent applicable experience;
- Desktop publishing, layout, print production coordination and assembly experience;
- Experience in Dreamweaver, HTML and/or other web design programs and content management systems;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in English (additional languages, such as Arabic, French, Spanish an asset);
- Communications, content marketing, and campaign experience would be an asset;
- Experience in large format design or environmental graphics would be an asset
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and be well organized; and
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
Lord Cultural Resources is an equal opportunity workplace and welcomes cultural diversity in our workforce. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes, and work environment in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We will be happy to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.