Graphic Designer to join the Marketing Team at Design Workshop Architects.
This is an opportunity to help roll out our visual identity across the organization, and will include the development of marketing collateral and visual communications content for the firm and related enterprises. The successful candidate will possess a strong portfolio with professional work examples that demonstrate concept development with a sharp eye in layout, typography, composition, visual storytelling and illustration skills. Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize multiple projects and deadlines are a must.
About Us:Design Workshop Architects is a growing, medium-sized practice working across multiple sectors. We are open-minded about the work we do, we love an unconventional challenge, and our constant attention to excellence has helped to make us a preferred provider to leading owners. We strive for design and artistic excellence, balanced with a top-class design delivery and project management approach. We do our work because we love to learn and create, and we are patiently and deliberately working toward building an exciting future for the company as a next-generation leading practice.
- Degree/ Diploma in Graphic Design.
- 3-5 years’ experience in graphic design, specifically in a corporate environment. Experience in Professional Consulting Services (preferably in architecture or engineering) an asset but not essential.
- Proficient in PC environment: Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, Lightroom, Premier), Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Wordpress, and Social Media Platforms (Hootsuite, FB, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Mailchimp) required.
- Knowledge of artwork preparation and print production process including traditional (offset) and digital print media; experienced in pre-press set-up, attending press-approval, etc.
- Experience with digital media preparation and implementation, for web, social media, etc.
- Experience in the development of a corporate brand identity and roll-out across all print and digital materials, including the development of corporate templates (Word and InDesign).
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Proofreading and copy-editing experience is an asset.
- Digital video creation and editing experience (Premier).
- Self-starter with the flexibility to work well both independently and collaborate with a team, receiving creative direction.
- Excellent verbal and written English-language communication skills to seek clarification and/or provide information about graphic design materials.
- Strong time management skills; able to prioritize tasks, with frequently changing priorities and deadlines to ensure timely completion of work.
- Reports to the Communications Director and Principal.
- Works closely with the Communications Director on the design of all visual communications materials such as PowerPoint/on-screen and print presentations, brochures, document templates, proposals, posts, press kits, award submissions, and any additional visuals as required.
- Supports Marketing and Business Development efforts with the design of customized reports, presentations, credentials packages, CVs, project sheets, standardized & tailored proposal templates.
- Brand management through the design and implementation of company-wide Graphic Standards Guidelines, ensuring application across all marketing materials (print & digital). This includes the development of templates in both Word and InDesign.
- Promotes awareness of firm throughout industry by updating website (Wordpress), social media platforms (through Hootsuite) and programming eblasts (MailChimp). Manages Contacts List in MailChimp or other platforms.
- Maintenance of Company Portfolio Image Bank and all digital assets.
- Design charts, diagrams, infographics, typesets business cards and all other printed collateral, as required.
- Exceptional print production experience; can design to any environment, size, scale, etc. and prep flawless files. Coordination with printers; attends press-approval when necessary.
- Assistance with Administrative tasks (including digital and hard-copy filing and assists in the development of a Marketing / BD Database (data entry; Excel).
- Design and content support for any other enterprises or projects the practice engages in.
- Other duties as required.
This is a full-time position (Mon-Fri; 40 hrs per week) available May 1, 2020. Some overtime may be required due to the deadline driven nature of the job. Due to COVID-19, you’ll be required to work from home initially, with the eventuality of working at our office at Dundas & Carlaw, once onsite work is permissible. You’ll be paid a competitive salary (relative to your experience) and participate in our benefits program and you’ll help us build a strong corporate brand identity and contribute to our culture.
How to Apply:
For more information visit www.dwa-arc.com
Covering letters, CVs, and portfolios can be emailed to the attention of the Communications Director Dana Tosic to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Graphic Designer_your name” in the subject line. Only successful candidates will be contacted for interviews; please no phone calls.