You will have experience pulling out requirements, identifying use cases and user scenarios, and consuming research findings to inform the design direction. You’ll have leadership qualities and guide other designers with a positive attitude and excitement about our mission to make the best experiences possible. You love coming up with multiple solutions to problems. You’ll try anything once. You love to ask “why”. You enjoy helping to surface and define problems, not simply design solutions. You can do more than just pull a control out of a style guide. You’re a big thinker.
- Work with the design and product team to influence the product strategy and overall vision
- Execute design solutions efficiently and thoughtfully
- Provide clear and concise rationales for design approaches and communicate that rationale to key stakeholders
- Work closely with product development and product management teams: contribute to daily standup sessions, squad rituals, and project meetings
- Assist in mentoring and providing guidance and direction to design team members
- Contribute to design system development and processes including best practice standards
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with colleagues, squad team members, business stakeholders, and vendors
ALL ABOUT YOU
- 5+ years of professional design experience demonstrated with a portfolio of at least 5 digital products across software, web apps, iPad and mobile
- A strong understanding of the product design process (including research, user flows, wireframing, design layout, prototyping, and testing)
- Expert knowledge of core design principles and the ability to apply them to interface design, including micro-interactions
- Mastery of the tools of the trade such as Sketch, Zeplin, InVision, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Excellent storytelling skills and the ability to clearly articulate the thinking and strategy behind your work
- A can-do attitude, enthusiasm, and a strong work ethic
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interface with other designers, product managers, and developers
- Experience conducting/consuming user research, and visualizing journey maps and personas a plus
- A degree/certificate in design, interface design and/or user experience design
WHY CHOOSE US?
TouchBistro is an award-winning iPad Point of Sale system, built for restaurant people by restaurant people. We’re a team of thinkers, builders, doers, and innovators. While many of us have experience working at restaurants, some of us just have a true passion for the industry.
We’re venture backed by some of the best tech VCs in the world and are partnered with top innovators in the mobile, food, and payment industries.
We’re global and growing! TouchBistro is used in more than 100 countries worldwide and has offices in NYC, Austin, Chicago, London and headquarters in Toronto. We’re a fast-moving, ever-evolving company on a mission to change the way restaurateurs do business and help them succeed through our products and services, but we need talented, passionate people to help!
Role: Senior Product Designer
Job Type: Full Time
So, what do you say? Are you ready to become part of something awesome? If yes, you can apply online here!