Intermediate Graphic Designer - Remote
Hootsuite is looking for an Intermediate Graphic Designer to play an essential role in the creation of design and production solutions across different media, including email, web, social media, paid ads, interactive experiences and print design. This role has the option of being remote within Canada and will report to the Creative Director based out of Vancouver, BC.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Design and produce a wide range of deliverables for social, email, web, digital paid ads and print-based projects with defined objectives and strategies
- Ensure designs are on brand and aligned with our brand purpose
- Work collaboratively on team-based projects within established timeframes
- Be responsible for all design components of the project from initial ideation and refinement through to final deliverables
- Concept development and presentation — work collaboratively with a team of creative experts (writers, illustrators, photographers, motion designers, and/or videographers) to build, present, and execute brand campaigns and programs with a fluency in all social channels
- Present to, and interact with a variety of internal and external audiences and stakeholders
- Support all aspects of the design process — from concept to completion, design and production
- Keep an eye on the details, communicating with the team throughout the project, organization and multitasking
- Work collaboratively with team members, and work independently at various stages of a project
- Work with project management tools like Wrike, managing multiple projects with numerous deadlines, mindful of budgets and capable of ensuring measurable results with scalable processes.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Post secondary degree or diploma in Graphic Design, Interaction Design
- 3-5 years experience as a graphic designer with a killer portfolio showcasing social media, web, mobile and print projects that you designed and produced
- Fully proficient skills with Mac OS
- Advanced skills using Adobe CC with a core focus on InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Advanced skills in creating designs that are responsive and mobile friendly
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, and CMS
- Working knowledge of UX/UI strategies and processes
- Working knowledge of Sketch
- Up-to-date with the latest design trends, techniques and technologies
- Creativity and Innovation: seeks new and better ways of doing things, generates original and imaginative ideas, products, or solutions
- Collaboration and Teamwork: works with others to deliver results, meaningfully contributing to the team and prioritizing group needs over individual needs
- Open Communication: clearly conveys thoughts, both written and verbally, listening attentively and asking questions for clarification and understanding
- Certificate or courses in UX/UI Design
- Unbounce experience, page design, production and trouble-shooting skills
- Analytical skills, including an understanding of key performance metrics for brand and content
- Experience marketing to the B2B industry, ideally in SAAS
WHO YOU ARE:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
You can find out more and apply online here.