RGD seeks Student Representatives for 2022/2023
We are looking for design studen
ts from across Canada to contribute to the RGD as Student Representatives. Student Reps work to help raise student awareness about all the great things the RGD offers and provide a network to unite design students.
"I became a Student Committee rep in 2019 in my first year of design school. The experience has been incredibly gratifying. I've been able to make meaningful connections with peers across the country, connect with professionals who've given me valuable advice and build my skills as a leader, collaborator and team member. I would highly recommend this to any student looking to get their feet wet and learn more about the design industry before they enter into it as a professional," offers Rupsha Mutsuddi Provisional RGD, Past Co-Chair and Board Rep of the Student Committee.
The duties of Student Reps include:
- understanding the RGD's mission and working to further that mission
- understanding the RGD's Code of Ethics
- staying informed of the RGD's activities, particularly its programs for Students
- educating fellow students on the RGD, its mission, its ethical standards and programs
- keeping the RGD informed of activities / initiatives taking place at your school that may be relevant to RGD Members
- attending monthly virtual meetings to learn more about RGD programs and suggest ways yourself and fellow students could help raise awareness of the RGD
- contributing to the Emerging Designer Network on Discord and other communications
- At monthly meetings taking place on the first Tuesday of every month at 8:00 pm Eastern Time, reps have the opportunity to hear from industry professionals, learn about RGD programs, advise on RGD programs and initiatives for students and ask questions about the RGD, programs and the industry in general.
- The first official meeting takes place virtually on Tuesday, October 4 at 8 pm ET.
An information session will be held for any Student RGDs who would like to find out more about serving on the Student Committee on Monday, September 15 at 8 pm ET. Register here.