Our Interactive Media Designer works to create the overall look and feel of a wide range of interactive communication products. Using text, data, graphics, sound, animation and other digital and visual effects, they work on projects such as websites, videos, online learning materials, reports and more.
They usually work with our Marketing & Creative team, on projects which may involve:
- Helping to develop a client or project brief
- Preparing rough design concepts
- Using industry-standard graphics and multimedia software
- Producing copy, graphics, interactive multimedia, etc.
- Writing code and testing the functionality of the end product
Our Interactive Media Designer should be:
- Naturally creative and imaginative
- Expert of computer technology and the technical processes involved
- A team player and enjoy working alongside colleagues and external consultants
- Organized and self-motivated
- Interested in the future of interactive media, particularly digital technology
- Understand what appeals to different target audiences
- Be a strong and persuasive communicator
- Be comfortable presenting to audiences, including senior personnel
- Work effectively to tight deadlines
- Accept criticism and be able to work positively
- Be flexible and willing to adapt design ideas to meet technical criteria
- Have an eye for detail
A degree or postgraduate qualification in an art and design-related subject such as graphic design or multimedia design is particularly useful. Experience is highly valued and a portfolio of work is required.
Once on the job, training is a combination of self-learning and mentoring by a colleague. We will provide support and access to professional development, as people working in interactive media need to keep their skills and knowledge up to date.
This role may sometimes overlap that of a product developer, and could involve authoring files, writing codes and testing the functionality of the end product.
Our Interactive Media Designer will often work on several projects at once and have to meet tight deadlines and manage their time.
JOIN OUR TEAM!