Senior Digital Designer - Toronto
Looking to work with an amazing group of creative people? Harbinger's Design Lab currently requires a Senior Digital Designer for a full-time position.
We’re looking for an experienced digital designer who has completed a 3 – 4 year design program and has a minimum of 7 – 10 years of work experience in the industry. A passion for your work, digital strategy and a keen eye for design are just as important as expertise and best practice. We’re looking for someone who’s Wordpress savvy, comfortable building and designing websites and gets excited developing HTML 5 ads or motion graphics. The ideal candidate has proven capabilities in website design and digital media design, is comfortable collaborating with a team (including a mix of design and client service folks) and is eager to develop Harbinger’s digital portfolio through innovation and really great work.
For over 30 years, Harbinger has helped clients launch brands and products in Canada. We work for many well-known brands throughout North America as well as smaller companies that are doing some really great stuff. The successful candidate will join our team of seasoned designers who are key contributors to Harbinger’s continued growth and success.
- Solid website development creds demonstrating coding and design within WordPress.
- Experience developing social content (ie. animation).
- Experience with email design and deployment.
- Advanced understanding of Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, etc.) and Microsoft Office (Word and Powerpoint).
- Experience working for clients (ideally but not exclusive within an agency environment), and working with the Client/Account team to develop effective and strategic recommendations and outputs for client-ready review.
- Working knowledge of Google Adwords, promoting posts and purchasing digital media are considered a bonus.
- RGD membership is an asset.
Expectations / Responsibilities:
- Accountable and motivated with the ability to work independently.
- Open to onboarding and working virtually.
- Willingness to learn new skills and take on projects from start to finish.
- Comfortable working and presenting in a fast-paced (agency) environment with tight deadlines.
- Multi-tasker with attention to detail and demonstrated ability to prioritize and self-manage workload.
- Experience developing informed reports associated with email campaigns and website analytics.
- Comfortable working directly with clients and internal teams to ensure design projects are on-brief, on-budget and on-time.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
This is a full-time position located in our downtown Toronto location (work from home until further notice) that includes: health benefits, paid vacation, personal & sick days, continuing education and competitive pay.
Interested? We’d love to hear from you.
Submit your portfolio, resume and salary expectations through our portal here.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Thank you in advance for your interest.