Production Designer/Marketing Specialist - Kitchener
Communitech was founded in 1997 by a group of entrepreneurs committed to making Waterloo Region a global innovation leader. At the time it was crazy talk, but somehow this community managed to pull it off. Today, Communitech is a public-private innovation hub that supports a community of more than 1500 companies — from startups to scale-ups to large global players.
Communitech helps tech companies start, grow and succeed in three distinct ways.
- Communitech is a place – the center of gravity for entrepreneurs and innovators. A clubhouse for building cool shit and great companies.
- Communitech delivers programs – helping companies at all stages with access to capital, customers and talent. We are here to help them grow and innovate.
- Communitech partners in building a world-leading ecosystem – making sure we have all the ingredients (and the brand) to go from a small startup to a global giant.
We’re looking to add some amazing people to this team. People who believe in the Communitech mission and are willing to do what it takes to help our members succeed. If you think big, but are always willing to push a broom, then we’d love to hear from you. Wonder what it’s like to work at Communitech? Watch this video!
Communitech is looking for a driven creative with a technical aptitude to join our marketing team as a Production Designer and Marketing Specialist. The successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment and will complement a passionate, fun team of designers, writers, event and project managers. We strive to create compelling, branded stories that tell the world about all the awesome stuff going on at Communitech and Waterloo Region.
We wear a lot of hats at Communitech, which means we’re never bored. We love to dabble in a lot of different projects and collaborate with each other to come up with ideas that are fun for us to create and for our audiences to experience.
What you’ll do:
- Be responsible for producing a high volume of templatized print and digital graphics that align with existing templates and brand guidelines.
- Understand marketing and copywriting best practices to ensure a cohesive customer experience.
- Find opportunities to push and evolve our creative assets and our design processes.
- Create and execute marketing strategies that drive results for our business and our community.
- Take ownership of marketing channels, execute and track marketing campaigns.
- Advocate for our brand standards for every project.
- Be a Communitech ambassador and live our core values day-to-day
Essential skills and qualifications:
- You have demonstrated, intermediate, experience and wisdom in the wonderful world of marketing.
- You've been immersed in all the in-and-outs of delivering on-brand marketing materials, working within an established brand guide and you understand the importance of consistency and storytelling.
- Expertise in the Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Expertise in both digital and print graphic design.
- Proficiency in Google Suite.
- Experience creating a high volume of turn-key graphics.
- Comfortable working in various platforms to support email campaigns and event management.
- A strong attention to detail.
- You’re open to collaborating with a team and are able to work independently.
- You’re hard working with the ability to take initiative and be adaptive.
- Deadlines and varied working environments excite you, not scare you.
- You can juggle multiple projects at once.
It would also be great if you have:
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud’s video editing platform, After Effects and other motion graphic programs.
- Other multimedia and marketing talents, like photography, video capture and copy writing.
- Experience and a strong understanding of UX and UI principles.
- Familiarity with the Waterloo Region technology industry, including with the region’s startups, small to mid-size companies, enterprises, and multinational companies.
Please apply online here with your resume cover letter and provide a portfolio of relevant work.