A designer at Craib Design and Communications is a creative thinker who conceives original ideas and brings them to life for our roster of top Canadian clients. Working remotely for the short-term, then transitioning to our downtown Toronto studio, you will flourish with our creative team’s support. The designer we are looking for is skilled at creating stunning design solutions that keep our clients coming back each year.
This candidate can manage a wide range of projects from concept through to production and engage with our creative team members as needed. Your impactful design aesthetic and attention to detail, combined with a strong work ethic and passion for design, are essential to helping us round out our creative team. This position is for a 6-month contract with the possibility of extension.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Designing a wide range of projects including annual reports, sustainability reports, branding, websites, and other corporate communications pieces
- Managing multiple projects with input and direction from senior team members
- Ability to strike the right balance between creative solutions and client business requirements
- Designing solutions that meet or exceed strategic objectives
- Ensuring project schedules, timelines and budgets are met
- Providing quality assurance on creative deliverables and ensure files are prepared for production as required
A FEW THINGS WE WOULD LIKE TO SEE FROM YOU:
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates your experience in publication/editorial design, annual reports, ESG reports and branding projects
- 5+ years design experience in an agency environment
- Strong typesetting and typographical skills
- Developed communication skills and ability to articulate creative ideas
- Proven aptitude for quick creative thinking with acute attention to detail within demanding deadlines
- The ability to analyze technical and financial information and interpret these ideas visually
- Diploma or Bachelors Degree in Graphic Design
Please submit your resume and online portfolio (PDFs accepted) with your strongest work samples to: with the subject title “designer”. We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies, please.
Craib Design & Communications is an industry-leading, full-service design and communications agency specializing in Investor relations (IR) and Corporate Responsibility (CR). For over four decades, Craib has been delivering creative and award-winning IR and CR solutions for some of North America’s most notable companies. Our experience has helped inform “The Craib Difference,” our expert approach to communications, strategy, planning, design and implementation.
To learn more about us, please visit www.craib.com.