We are currently looking for a designer in Calgary, Toronto, Vancouver, or Victoria.
The designer role contributes to projects for hospitals, college/university campuses, corporate environments, cultural groups and public organizations. This role requires equal parts strategic thinking, design, and awareness of production techniques, materials, and finishes. You should be able to translate concepts into design outcomes that can be manufactured and implemented.
Salary expectations are requested in a cover letter. Please include a website or pdf of relevant work when applying to .
This role is a temporary 1 year position to fill a maternity leave. There is potential for full-time employment thereafter.
Wayfinding & Environmental Graphic Design
- Design concepts for wayfinding and environmental graphics programs
- Spec graphic standards, materials, and finishes for signage and other outcomes
- Create and refine message schedules and locations plans
- Participate in site assessments, visitor needs assessments and visitor journey mapping exercises
- Ensure project documentation is accurate and meets project requirements
- Participate in planning and engagement sessions with public and stakeholders
- Prepare client-facing presentation material and communicate directly with clients
- Schedule and monitor suppliers, production, and installation requirements
- 3+ years of environmental graphic design experience taking projects from concepts through to construction documentation
- Degree/diploma from a recognized university or college in a design related field, such as graphic design, interior design or architecture
- Excellent sense of visual and industrial design, creative thinking, and problem solving
- Proven experience in a design role on mid to large scale initiatives
- Excellent organization skills, attention to detail, and ability to work independently
- Ability to set and maintain project schedules and proactively make changes where needed
- Software Experience
- Proficiency in Mac OS & G Suite tools
- Expert with Adobe Creative Suite
- Competency in 3D rendering software, CAD, or Revit is an asset