Hambly & Woolley (H&W) is in search of a talented intermediate/senior designer who has a passion for creative and conceptual solutions and strong editorial experience.
You’ll work with a variety of clients in the private and public sector on magazine projects, corporate publications, supporting materials, as well the creation of new brands. You’ll work closely with other members of the design team and have the opportunity to learn from terrific mentors. You will also interact directly with clients, and be part of client-facing meetings and presentations.
You’re proficient at expressing your ideas and you welcome feedback and collaboration as a natural part of the creative process. You have a portfolio that demonstrates creative problem solving and excellent design execution. While resumés and portfolios are important, we want to know what makes you a great fit for our team, a team who works hard and is always striving to do its best. Hambly & Woolley Inc. offers a working environment that promotes teamwork, tolerance and creativity.
- A Bachelor’s degree, Post-graduate program or College Diploma in design
- Between 4 and 6 years of related experience
- Fluent in English, oral and written
- Proficient in the MAC OS platform
- Proficiency using Adobe Creative Suite
- Familiarity with MS Office, including PowerPoint and Word
- Familiarity with AODA standards
- RGD accreditation is an added bonus
- Excellent conceptual and typographic skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and willingness to help other team members
- Ability to express and present ideas to the studio and to clients
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Confident, passionate, and pro-active with a strong desire to learn
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills
- Ability to “own” your projects from beginning to end
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Technical proficiency in necessary design software
- Intermediate/Senior, full-time (with a three-month evaluation period)
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- Excellent benefits plan
How To Apply
Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume as well as a comprehensive portfolio (not exceeding 10mb) or link to online portfolio to:
All applications will be held in strict confidence. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.