Do you want to work for one of Canada's Most Admired Cultures?
Rocky Mountain Soap Co. is hiring a Creative Director.
Our natural, toxin-free bath and body products are handmade in small batches using only 100% natural, simple ingredients. We believe that high quality and effective personal and beauty care products should be good and safe for you, your family, friends and our earth. This is why we made it our mission to remove toxins from our world. We started as one store in Canmore, Alberta and have blossomed into 12 locations across Canada. If you are as excited about this as we are and would like to join us on our journey, we’d love to hear from you!
In this role, you will lead the Creative Department with the objective of elevating and evolving Rocky’s brand experience as part of our national growth plan. You'll be responsible for the creative vision of the brand, from concept to execution, leading all creative objectives and branding initiatives to deliver the ultimate Rocky omnichannel experience. Are you a proven leader and business partner who can inspire and lead a creative team? Then we would love to hear from you on how you can help Rocky create captivating content for our amazing customers!
Responsibilities and daily tasks include:
- Provide leadership to the creative department of the organization.
- Leading the creative development of high-impact integrated marketing campaigns, brand messaging, and creative design across digital and traditional channels
- Identify, scope and manage areas of the creative process that are necessary to deliver best in class for: idea generation, brand storytelling, packaging, campaigns, in-store creative design, web design, email, photography, copy, videography and store design.
- Gathering creative insights and guiding the development of effective, on-brand creative that delivers improved ROI over time.
- Oversight of project planning, process management and tools for the team.
- Review and deliver final approval of all outgoing creative prior to deadlines.
- Bridge communications across the organization's various departments acting as a point of contact for all creative and design information and inquiries.
- Deliver updates on the status of all marketing/creative projects and initiatives.
- Monitor, evaluate, and report on competitor activities; make recommendations based on findings/opportunities discovered
- Perform other related duties as necessary.
- University degree or equivalent experience in Design or Marketing.
- Experience working in the Retail sector in a leadership capacity.
- 5+ years of direct work experience in a creative director and management capacity.
- Strong understanding of creative drivers for sales, growth and brand evolution.
- Able to lead a creative process from concept to completion while meeting deadlines and budget requirements.
- Able to demonstrate discipline in meeting brand standards consistently.
- Can inspire creativity and is skilled at leading a team of creatives.
- Effective at producing fresh, innovative work that translates marketing strategies into compelling print and digital experiences.
- Skilled in concept development.
- Strong understanding of how to build customer engagement through creative content.
- Remote or Local working option
- Travel will be required
- If working remotely, have the flexibility to travel to the workshop or other locations. during COVID-19 based on government requirements and restrictions.
- Ability to work primarily in Mountain Standard Time.
- Agility and ability to respond and redirect challenging situations.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Lifting or moving up to 20lbs may be required.
We thank everyone who applies and appreciate that you would think of us in your employment search. We will reach out to applicants with the demonstrated skills and qualifications via email. If this isn't the job for you please keep an eye on our career page for other exciting opportunities!
You can apply online here.