2D Animator/Illustrator - Toronto
Navigator is looking for a 2D Animator/Illustrator.
121 King Street West
Suite 1810, Box 100
Toronto, ON M5H 3T9
- Under the direction of the Executive Producer and the Design Lead, the Animator/Illustrator/Video Editor will work on various internal and external creative projects while ensuring projects are on time and within scope.
- Brainstorm and collaborate with strategists, consultants and designers to maximize intuitive creativity resulting in effective experiences and stories.
- Create original vector artwork; 2D character-driven animated videos; custom illustrated artwork; video editing on Premiere or Final Cut while using Adobe after-effects for titling and photographic treatments; video colour grading; as well as audio editing on video projects where spoken dialogue is featured.
- Analyze a script and come up with 2D illustrations based on an understanding of the business/sector.
- Root creative concepts in strong ideation connected to the objective and direction, rather than solely focussing on styles and surface aesthetics in the development phase.
- Maintain, update, and develop internal brand and creative assets that adhere to true and Navigator brand guidelines, as they relate to our motion artwork arm.
- Iterate quickly to incorporate new concepts and test new creative.
- Be relentless on quality issues, assuring design details are implemented correctly using best practices while meeting the overall product vision.
- Communicate effectively and timely with project leads, providing status updates in a proactive manner.
- Build relationships with internal teams and be a proactive participant in group settings where creative ideation and two-way communication is required and a part of the creative process.
- Continually learn and grow professional skills by understanding the user experience landscape and keeping up to date with the latest animation, video editing trends and practices.
- Be open to feedback but defend design choices when needed.
- Assemble and maintain files to meet pre-production, production, post-production and web specifications.
- Assess information from creative requests as it relates to the business objectives, strategies and goals.
- Copywriting and ability to produce detailed work back schedules as needed.
- Degree or Diploma in animation and/or art from a reputable program or related experience.
- 5+ years of professional experience as an animator with strong experience in character animation and video editing.
- An understanding of the Twelve Basic Principles of Animation and a body of work that proves it.
- Demonstrated pre-production, production and post-production process through research/conceptualization, storyboarding, design, execution, quality control, and collaboration with the assigned creative team.
- Ability to illustrate in 2D.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative including Adobe Animate, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe After Effects, Procreate or other animation software.
- A great sense of observation.
- Collaborative yet independent enough to drive your own work and quality forward.
- Strong ability to prioritize, manage competing demands and work in a fast-paced work environment.
- A strong motivation and a passion for video storytelling with up-to-date editing processes, creative applications and integrated audio design.
- Agency experience is required.
Terms of Employment: Full-time
Language of Work: English
Wage: $26.50 - $35/hour - depending on experience
Benefits Package: Disability, Extended Medical, Dental Insurance
Location: 121 King Street West, Suite 1810, Toronto, ON M5H 3T9
Please submit a cover letter with your resume and online portfolio by email to . Please describe if any of the work in your portfolio is collaborative and note which parts are yours. We would like to thank all candidates who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.