Yuhu’s looking for a Product Designer!
This is an opportunity to join our growing design team, helping us to solve challenging problems and inspire belonging in the world of multi-family real estate. As a Product Designer, you will work within a multidisciplinary team which will include members from engineering, product management and quality assurance to deliver solutions that empower our clients and improve the lives of their residents.
A natural capability to handle multiple projects simultaneously is a must for success in this role. It’s also important to be comfortable with the ever-changing environment of a startup - our focus can change as requirements change, and being excited about this environment will help with your success!
Yuhu is a property technology company headquartered in Toronto, Canada. We’re on a mission to Inspire Belonging by providing a product that streamlines the entire real estate ecosystem. Inspire Belonging (our mission statement) is stemmed from our desire to encompass community, trust, happiness, inclusiveness and confidence into a single word. With our technology and culture, Yuhu is shifting real estate from being a difficult and one directional process to being simple, automated and intuitive.
Today our product is used to help manage over $30B+ in real estate assets across Canada and the EU. Our growth plans include an expansion to the US market in 2021 and also growing our amazing team of 25 Yuhulians to 50+ by the end of this year! We bring an owner’s mentality to everything we do which is why we work in a system of accountability where we promote collaboration and teamwork more than anything. Working cross-functionally to find solutions is all part of our culture of radical transparency. We are also a growing startup, and with that, you have an incredible opportunity to make an impact on our product, clients, and, of course, teammates. If you're all about making an impact and bringing value we think you'll do great here!
At Yuhu, you have the chance to not only do the best work of your career but work that is putting Canada on the global stage. We know our technology changes lives and we're committed to making an impact. If that's something that speaks to you—you belong here, too.
Don’t sweat it if you don’t have everything listed in the description. If you have some of the main qualities but feel confident it is a position that will make you excited to go into work every day, then apply!
We are committed to providing an environment that is inclusive and accessible. Yuhu is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without discrimination. Please let us know if accommodation for the recruitment/interview process is required and we will work with you to make sure your needs are addressed.
Due to COVID-19 guidelines, this role is 100% remote / work from home until further notice. All interviews will be conducted using Google Meets.
You will be responsible for:
- Improving the user experience of our products through a combination of research, UX, and visual design through activities such as sketching, wireframing, and prototyping.
- Collaborating with cross-functional team members to find solutions to user problems, both in formal and informal sessions.
- Acting as an advocate for our users by continually learning more about their needs and how we can meet those needs.
- Playing an active role in scrum ceremonies and other sessions necessary for building team context and cohesion.
- Working with engineers to provide feedback and validation as work progresses.
- Delivering quality work with speed and precision.
- Making additional impact outside of your immediate team by contributing to the design of materials for functions such as sales, marketing, and customer success.
- Planning and working within the Apps & Leasing pod along with team members from engineering and product
- Contributing to ideation and solutioning sessions
- Taking part in design research activities and initiatives
- Solving UX problems by; understanding user and company goals, applying rigorous thinking and best practices, and continuously iterating
- Creating designs required within our Apps & Leasing pod, as well as other company initiatives
- Contributing to desk checks and quality testing as developers build solutions
- Working with the design team to enhance our design system and library of design patterns
- 3+ years of professional product design experience for native and/or web applications.
- A passion for solving user problems and for continuously improving your solutions.
- Experience designing with Figma, Sketch, or similar design software.
- A portfolio that demonstrates an excellent grasp of design fundamentals and experience in shaping high-quality products and services.
- A keen eye for detail and a desire to get the smallest details right.
- A proven track record of successfully delivering projects.
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices in user experience and visual design for native mobile and web applications.
- Comfort working in a highly agile, intensely iterative software development process.
- A curious nature and a drive to continuously learn and improve.
- Humility, grit, humour, and kindness - we value character here!
You can apply online here.