We’re seeking a talented Senior Designer to play a vital role in Akendi’s design team.
The Senior Designer will work in a creative team to conceptualize and create best-in-class experiences for a variety of compelling brands and organizations. The work will range from large system websites and digital products to strategic data visualizations and marketing materials.
You will work closely with senior management, highly skilled UX researchers & designers, and inspiring clients in our collaborative environment.
- Collaborate with project teams from other disciplines to ensure the best final product
- Articulate your design decisions and thinking to internal leadership and clients with confidence
- Understand and follow core strategy and creative briefs
- Adhere to project management timelines
- Create final press/development ready files
- Provide vendors with constructive and organized specifications and feedback
- Contribute to blog writing
- A true passion for high quality design
- The ability to self-start and problem solve
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Multi-task under clear deadlines
- Excellent design skills across layout, composition, colour theory, typography and brand systems application
- Excellent communication skills with a strong command of spoken and written English
- A proficient understanding of both digital and print production procedures
- 6+ years professional creative experience
- At least three digital projects in your portfolio
- Proficient in Figma, XD, Sketch, Adobe Suite, MS Office
- Proven practical knowledge of website structure, functionality and requirements
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS, Animation and French language an asset
- RGD membership an asset
- Knowledge of the Human Centered Design process an asset
- Great health benefits
- Competitive salary and vacation
- Professional development: $2,500 training budget per person / year
- Akendi training opportunities
- A supportive and spirited team
- An inspiring creative office space with a view of the CN tower (when not working remotely)
- Best-in-class tools to bring your designs to life
Akendi works to foster an inclusive, diverse and equitable working environment through our internal culture, policies, and approach to project work. We believe that we are stronger when our team comprises people with different perspectives, approaches, life experiences, and identities.
We are a curious, and committed bunch who strive to make the world better through design excellence.
How to Apply
Send a PDF of your resume, cover letter and your portfolio with salary requirements to humanresources (at) akendi.com.
Please explain your experience and why you think you are the right candidate. Your portfolio must contain a minimum of 3 web/UX design projects.
Only applications submitted with salary expectations will be considered.
Thank you to all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.