Art Director - Toronto/Currently Remote
Elite Digital is an award-winning digital marketing agency that is growing rapidly. For over 15 years, we have worked with many of the country’s leading brands as their one-stop partner for cohesive digital marketing campaigns, web design and development, search marketing and optimization, social media, mobile apps, marketing automation, and more. We have a client roster spanning multiple verticals, which leads to new and exciting challenges and opportunities. We are known for our high-quality innovative work powered by really amazing people.
A few of our proud accolades...
- Growth 400, Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies 2019 (#80), Report on Business
- Growth 500, Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies 2019 (#101), 2018 (#87), Canadian Business
- Business Excellence Award, Toronto Board of Trade
- Best Consumer Website, Summit International Awards
- Best Consumer Micro-site, Summit International Awards
- Best Rebranding, Summit International Awards
- Top 50 Email Service Providers, Website Magazine
- Canada’s Top 300 IT Companies, Backbone Magazine
You are a talented, experienced, Digital Savvy Art Director.
You will collaboratively direct creative teams on our expanding client portfolio.
You’ve earned your digital stripes and can talk to designers in a language they understand.
This is a perfect role for a UX/UI Art Director with solid digital chops and advanced knowledge of Content Management Systems.
You’re fluent in front-end development communication (i.e, we don’t expect you to code, but you speak DEV, you know your Bootstrap from your Foundation).
You will play a leading role in bridging the gap between UI design, user experience and development.
You didn’t write the book on the difference between fluid and responsive best practices for design, you ate it.
You breathe dynamic content. You dream in wireframes and you live in sitemaps.
You are BEYOND organized and you can reorganize the chaos, pixel-perfect, with microscopic attention to detail.
You don’t have 20/20 vision, you have retina vision. You see in @1x, @2x and @3x resolution.
The Art Director will be reporting to our Creative Director. They will work in collaboration with Account Services, Project Managers and Clients to recommend and deliver the best digital solutions. They will be primarily managing web projects with some print projects. They will be working collaboratively with agile teams to deliver creative solutions for their respective brands.
You are above all a Digital storyteller, you get it all:
- Graphic Design
- UI/UX Design
- Web Development
- Email Journeys
- Web Banners
- Rich Media
- Wire Frames
- Google Material Design
- Sketch and Figma
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc)
- Industry-standard prototyping tools
- Responsible for overseeing and assigning design work to Senior, Intermediate, and Junior Designers
- Responsible for putting together sitemaps and user flows based on brainstorming sessions with Creative/Project Leads
- Responsible for creating initial UX presentations for clients
- Execute wireframes for main website or template pages based on sketches and mood boards
- Determine how to present a concept visually by deciding on the direction for photography, art, icons, typography, or other design elements and develop the overall look or style of assigned projects
- Review and approve designs, artwork, photography, and graphics developed by designers
- Engage Creative Directors and work in tandem with fellow Art Directors and Copywriters to determine the scope of a project or brief
- Present and approve final designs for internal/client review and feedback
- Incorporate feedback from clients and key stakeholders on projects to finalize designs
- Send all final design work to the Creative Director for approval when necessary
- Review completed website with a designated developer and complete a full design QA
- Responsible for generating visual concepts in response to creative briefs in conjunction with Creative Director, copywriters, designers, and specialist resources if needed
- Work collaboratively with a copywriter to generate initial designs and copy for established concepts to present to the Creative Director when required
- Ensure all design work is consistent with and adheres to brand guidelines
- Evaluate studio processes and bring any insights or concerns to the Creative Director & Studio Manager
- Communicate with the Studio Manager/Project Managers to ensure deadlines of projects are met
- Participate in client meetings for creative insights when required
- Work in collaboration to direct design materials for web, including, but not limited to, website assets, social campaigns, landing pages, email campaigns
- Will be responsible for the direction and the creation of supporting marketing materials such as posters, ads, leave-behind pamphlets, illustrations, and infographics, etc
- Modify and direct existing marketing materials with new/updated information for Canadian markets
- Lead and contribute to brainstorming sessions, develop concepts/ideation for net-new and ongoing campaigns
- Work within creative teams to refine images, fonts and layouts using graphic design software
- Stay up-to-date with industry developments and trends by conducting research and updating tools, watching tutorial videos, etc
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Graphic Design, Web Design or related field
- Degree or Diploma in Marketing and/or Advertising or equivalent experience
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Solid understanding and experience in implementing creative project management initiatives (timelines, budgets, managing skill sets against deliverables, etc.)
- Must have experience in managing and working within collaborative teams
- 5+ years of professional experience in design for web and print
- 3+ years of working knowledge and understanding of UX/UI strategy
- Must have prior experience managing projects
- Advanced knowledge of design software: Adobe Creative Cloud applications (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), and Sketch/Figma
- 3+ years of experience in printing processes and pre-press
- Prior knowledge working with prototyping tools and the ability to learn new tools quickly for UX (Invision, Adobe XD, Balsamiq, Marvel, etc.)
- Must have excellent visual design skills and attention to detail
- Have exceptional organizational skills and multitasking capabilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
NICE TO HAVE BUT NOT ESSENTIAL
- Animation software knowledge and skills
You can apply online here.
*MUST INCLUDE A LINK TO YOUR PORTFOLIO TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE POSITION*
- Corporate Fitness Memberships Rate*
- Casual Dress Code*
- Flexible working hours
- Currently working remotely
- Work From Home office upgrade subsidy*
- Future opportunities to build working remotely into the employment norms
- Flexible Sick day policy
- Family First Philosophy
- Free gourmet coffee and snacks in office*
- Monthly catered lunches when in office*
- Training and education reimbursement opportunities
- Company social events*
- Company sports teams*
- Opportunity to attend conferences and events*
- Professional Growth opportunities
- Virtual Yoga
- Virtual Company social and culture building events such as:
- House Cup Competitions and Team Building events
- Regular Lunch & Learns
- Elite Fun Virtual Social Challenges
- Theme Days
- Elite Social/Birthday Celebrations
At Elite Digital Inc, safety is our top priority and all decisions this year have been made strictly from a health and safety perspective. Since March, 2020, we have been practicing all of the proper steps to “flatten the curve” and keep ourselves and our society safe. Our organization worked very hard to come up with many creative solutions to be able to look after our employees and allow them to maintain full employment during the entire pandemic. Over the past few months, we have found much success and our employees have been able to thrive working in a remote environment. Based on this ability to succeed, Elite will continue to work from home until we feel it’s the right time for our organization and our employees to return.
Plans for the future include:
- Our “new normal” will include a hybrid of working from the office, and remotely.
- There will be a gradual and voluntary return to the office that includes the employee’s feedback, ensuring their comfort in the transition. We are not mandating any return at this point.
- Open concept office with room to social distance
- Appointment style booking for office attendance to ensure compliance with business capacity recommendations
- Adherence to safety protocol requirements and wellness screening
- Sanitization stations with automatic dispensers and more
On behalf of the entire Elite team, please know that we will be here for you when you need us as we face this head-on together; unified in our commitment and united in our abilities to face whatever may come next.
Elite Digital Inc.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please make it clear within your cover letter. We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.