Since 1998, BrandActive has scoped, budgeted, planned, and executed brand change for many of the world’s most valuable brands. Our services combine industry-leading analytics with a unique and proven methodology that provides the information clients need to make sound financial decisions, save time and money and operate more efficiently. Whether our clients are going through a one-time corporate rebrand or want to get the most out of the everyday management of their existing brand, we help them achieve more, spend less, and build a better brand.
For BrandActive team members, our goal is to be a place where you are supported in becoming the best you can be, where together we build a strong and agile organization that not only sets the standard for excellence in our industry globally, but also exemplifies how to be a compassionate commercial endeavor that is built on trusting relationships and empowering the growth of every one of us. We are a team of great people, doing great work and having a great time doing it, and we challenge ourselves to bring smarter, faster and better solutions into everything we do!
Reporting to the Design Director, the Production Designer is responsible for the preparation of error-free artwork and deliverables. The Production Designer must have a clear understanding of both creative and production processes to ensure the original creative intent is maintained and have a broad working knowledge of various reproduction and manufacturing solutions.
We are all committed to working together to achieve our North Star of a team of great people, doing great work and having a great time doing it. As part of this, there is an expectation that all of our team members will contribute to internal initiatives that advance our client and/or team member experience while challenging us to be smarter, faster, better in everything that we do! We find that this allows us to be agile in our approach to the work and provide growth opportunities for our team members.
- Create original production/vector artwork files in Adobe Illustrator for signage and fleet
- Collaborate with design specialists to ensure design intent is accurately produced
- Work with application specialists to conduct prototype sessions and documentation
- Translate design intent into technical specifications for RFP
- Create detailed, to-scale design documents and understand shop drawings
- Ensure all shop drawings are to specification and design elements are implemented and adhered to
- Suggest alternate format or value engineering as needed
- Prepare artwork and specifications for designs
- Create 2D and/or 3D renderings to visualize designs
- Hands-on production for medium testing, and technical specification documentation
- Execute and deliver solutions with quality in a timely manner
- Work with Design Director to set and maintain project schedules and proactively make changes where needed
- Support design intent by gathering production information and collaborate and take direction from team members
- Look for opportunities to contribute to their own growth
- Bring forward smarter, faster, better solutions to processes and identify opportunities to be more agile in day to day activities
Qualifications and experience
- 3-5 years as production designer
- 2+ years experience in environmental and/or wayfinding preferred
- Proficiency in Mac OS & Microsoft suite tools
- Intermediate skills in Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Experience creating photo renderings and production artwork that includes CAD tool dimensions
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Time management and organization skills required to meet deadlines
- Comfortable working on and prioritizing multiple projects
- Experience with prototyping and manufacturing
- Experience with material and structural selection
- Enthusiastic to be in production
- Experience working with both internal and external stakeholders an asset
- Competency in 3D rendering software, CAD, Adobe Dimensions, Keyshot, Rhino or Revit is an asset
- Experience in packaging or industrial design is an asset
BrandActive offers a competitive compensation package including a comprehensive benefits plan. Salary commensurate with experience and education.
BrandActive is an equal opportunity employer and values inclusion in its workforce. BrandActive is pleased to offer accommodations throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
You can apply online here.