About the Committee
The Diversity & Inclusion Committee consists of a minimum of 5 Members whose duty it shall be to carry out the Committee responsibilities as recommended and approved by the Board.
- Ensure that equity and respect for all is reflected in RGD operations and programming, with a view to overcoming systemic racism and discrimination within the industry.
- Propose and assist in the development of new programs and the modification of existing programs, related to matters of systemic racism and discrimination.
- Promote the inclusiveness of RGD, educate Members on issues related to systemic racism, discrimination and subconscious bias and develop resources to promote a more equitable industry overall.
- Identify, research and develop content for ongoing #OpenDialogue social media posts (example)
- Develop a suite of resources on DEI 101
- Develop an anti-harrassment and anti-discrimination policy for RGD that can be adopted by Members and/or firm owners
- Review the Code of Ethics as it pertains to DEI and make recommendations for edits/additions
- Review the Accessibility Guidelines as it pertains to DEI
- Develop a framework for how we report on DEI-related Member data
- Identify speakers for RGD events
- Create a Webinar series exploring non-Western type, design, etc.
- Consider how the RGD might offer/advertise DEI workshops/webinars, particularly for firm owners
- Create community management guidelines
- Develop Mentor Guidelines (possibly by adapting the Speaker Guidelines) and review/develop a form for reviewing Mentors
- Those interested in joining the Committee should fill out the online form: Get Involved with RGD.
- Time to contribute to the work of the Committee via email feedback, videoconference meetings & discussions and independent and group work.
- Must be a Certified RGD, Provisional RGD or Affiliate Member (Affiliates can serve for up to 1 year, during which time they are required to become Certified if they wish to remain on a Committee.)