Senior Writer, User Experience - Guelph/Remote
The Co-operators is looking for a Senior Writer, User Experience!
Number of Positions: 1
Language: This role operates in English.
Work Model: Temporarily Remote (due to COVID 19)
- The work location for this role is flexible to Ontario.
- This is a 6 month temporary/contract position.
As the Senior Writer, User Experience (UX) you will lead the content development for digital initiatives. You will provide creative copy, voice and tone direction and will focus on developing complex and in-depth content. You will collaborate with business partners to deliver innovative content solutions and will be responsible to ensure alignment with our brand strategies.
What you’re responsible for:
- Supporting digital projects including editorial audits, content mapping, and strategies for content migration and collaborating with business partners and project leads to define, design, and deliver content solutions.
- Leading creative content dialogues and providing recommendations for innovative written communications strategies that align with business objectives and achieve creative excellence.
- Creating well-written, clear, concise, and engaging content for online services while integrating appropriate brand voice and tone.
- Supporting and incorporating our brand copywriting, style guidelines and best practices, including user-experience (UX) and user-interface (UI) design thinking.
- Providing direction and feedback to the team on communications styles to ensure consistency and quality.
To be successful:
- You have an innovative mindset to improve operational efficiencies and ability to influence change, with a primary focus on client needs.
- You use critical thinking skills to recognize assumptions, evaluate arguments, draw conclusions and proactively propose solutions.
- You have strong communication skills to clearly convey messages and explore diverse points of view.
- You build trusting relationships and provide guidance to support the development of colleagues.
To join our team:
- You have 5-7 years of content writing experience in Marketing or Communications.
- You have a post-secondary diploma in Corporate Communications, Journalism, Web or Digital Writing, Content Marketing or Public Relations.
- You have expert knowledge of writing styles for various audiences and digital channels and a strong understanding of design process and UX best practices.
- You have a basic understanding of LEAN principles and Agile methodology and working knowledge of the insurance or financial services industry.
- Having the Accredited Business Communication (ABC) certification or Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) designation is an asset.
What to expect:
- You will travel occasionally.
- Extended work hours, including evenings and weekends, may be required.
What we offer:
- Training and development opportunities to grow your career with one of Canada’s Best Employers.
- Flexible work options to support personal and family needs.
- A holistic approach to your well-being, with physical and mental health programs and a supportive workplace culture.
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community.
Interested in applying?
Click here to submit your current resume and cover letter. Tell us a bit about yourself, your professional experience and how you think you can make a difference at The Co-operators. We look forward to learning more about you and we welcome you to follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter. #BETTERCAREER
The Co-operators values a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment, and we're committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities during the recruitment process. If you are contacted for an interview and require an accommodation, please contact the hiring manager.