As Graphic Designer with Strauss event & association management you will plan, analyze, create and implement visual communication solutions for all clients and Strauss. You will be responsible for: social media graphics, publication layout and design, marketing materials, annual reports, promotional displays and web design including development and administration. In your role you will find the most effective way to communicate messages through print and electronic media using a variety of mediums such as colour, type, illustration, photography, animation, as well as a variety of print and layout techniques.
Strauss is Canada’s most connected event and association management company with over 25 years of experience in managing healthcare and business associations and delivering signature events. We offer the expertise and industry knowledge to produce exceptional events and we elevate the performance of our association clients. Strauss is Canada’s first accredited association management company, and a proud member of the AMC Institute.
- Layout and update print and/or electronic newsletter(s);
- Update, design, and layout print and/or electronic marketing and promotional materials for special events;
- Design communication tools for clients;
- Update and maintain websites for clients, including, but not limited to; adding and updating events, job postings, updating members, updating boards;
- Update event and announcement email(s) as needed;
- Design advertisements and logos, as required; and
- Other duties as requested by the President and other Strauss staff members.
Desired Skills & Abilities:
- Degree or Diploma in Graphic Design, or a combination of education and experience;
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite - InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, WordPress, and HTML;
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in the field of Graphic Design;
- Demonstrated creativity, with the ability to communicate ideas visually, verbally and in writing;
- Proven attention to detail and strong organizational skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work within tight timelines, and problem-solve as required;
- Ability to act quickly and react to changing trends; open to new ideas and influences;
- Strong communication skills – both verbal and written; and
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
Reports To: President
Location: Suite 503-386 Broadway, Winnipeg, Manitoba
A competitive salary is being offered along with opportunities to learn, develop, and advance within the organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.