Graphic Designer - Vaughan
Since 1986, Marketing Impact has been helping retailers and manufacturers maximize product sales and simplify inventory management on shelves and sales floors in North America. No matter what your merchandising and display requirements or needs may be, Marketing Impact can help you maximize visibility and sales. If you can’t find exactly what you’re looking for in this catalogue, please call us or visit our website! Our knowledgeable staff will work with you to create the ideal merchandising solution.
The opportunity of the Graphic Designer is to ensure the success of design requests from creating conceptual render graphics with the industrial design department to ensuring the quality and accuracy of print production process’ and everything in between. The Graphic Designer will coordinate clearly, concisely and effectively with other departments such as (but not limited to) purchasing and sales while keeping the print production project management platform (Trello) up to date to ensure all artwork is coordinated effectively. The success of the Graphic Designer is strongly based on their willingness to be proactive to gain information and key insight into key project information, materials, building methods, production process’ and continuously learn and grow in the industry. The successful candidate thrives in fast paced environments and can both create structure from Ad Hoc requests or conform to existing process’ with the utility of their expertise in the field of design.
The various job requirements set out below are only a guideline, since we anticipate the scope of the job will evolve during your employment, based on your capabilities and performance. You will be expected to carry out all the functions required of a professional Graphic Designer, including but not limited to:
- Direct interaction with all salespeople, clients and industrial designers to obtain graphic design specifications and schedule required creative.
- Design and develop graphic concepts and specifications for P.O.P. displays and merchandisers that optimize appearance of the consumer product, while maintaining innovation, efficiency and passion.
- Execute the overall graphic design for the display development process with haste to reduce lead times while utilizing precision, integrity and cutting-edge design.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Hands-on diplomacy with all stages of the graphic design process, including concept generation, prototyping, text proofing, layout and film preparation, creating die lines, preparing CNC files, assembling final artwork for production and resolving issues and revisions that may arise during the process.
- Mentoring design department members by extending your knowledge of design related functions, including color correcting, type setting, presentation skills, organization and any other disciplines relating to our industry.
- Maintain close relationships with supporting departments, such as Estimating, Prototyping and Job Scheduling.
- Design and generate various signage, advertising, promotional cards, trade show booth graphics, etc., as required.
- Continuous website and catalogue updating, includes updating images, re-touch and trace elements from pictures or photos, as required.
- Create ads for publications, newsletters and other social networking.
- Constantly keep abreast of display and merchandising design trends over the global marketplace, including the advancement of new technology.
- Input into longer term design projects and problem solving.
- All other functions relating to the graphic design department.
- 'Fine toon' and develop a protocol for Marketing Impact's marketing strategy and programs to gain viewership and value.
- Attend scheduled appointments with clients/salespeople/design team at the time specified representing Marketing Impact Limited in a professional manner, if required.
- Accurately complete all administrative requirements as they relate to the graphic design department.
- Attend in-house meetings, as required.
- General customer service, if required.
- Cooperate fully with all Marketing Impact Limited staff to ensure a streamlined, productive organization.
What’s in it for you
- A competitive compensation based on experience and skillset.
- Company health and dental benefits.
- A fun, collaborative and friendly environment.
- An opportunity to learn and grow as an integral member of our team.
- Pizza Lunches!
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. Please reach out by sending your resume, cover letter and portfolio (Website link or PDF) to .