We are seeking a highly motivated, confident individual to join the Creative Services Group, the in-house creative team for EY Canada. As a Creative Director, you will be the principle creative lead for designing, facilitating and overseeing the vision brought to life directing all phases of the creative work from concept development to production. In this role, you should be able to deliver quality client service, analyze complex problems and deliver insightful solutions. You will also be expected to have excellent communication skills, integrate into new teams and rapidly establish relationships. You will work with production artists, designers, copywriters, art directors, videographers and photographers to produce solutions for go-to-market initiatives.
Ideally, you’d have spent many years leading in-house design studios or, at an advertising agency, polishing your skills creating multi-medium ad campaigns or finding creative ways to express a company’s brand. You’d also have led a team with direct reports.
Your key responsibilities
- Create compelling and award-winning work that is strategically sound and on brand
- Actively participate in new business development, leading the creative team and developing client response materials
- Partner with our Strategic Pursuits team to deliver thoughtful creative solutions that differentiate us from our competition to win new business
- Prepares for, and lead, workshops/ brainstorming sessions
- Work directly with discipline leads on assigned projects
- Develop creative briefs and directional documentation
- QA creative for consistency, accuracy and functionality
- Develop tools to improve internal processes
- Ensure deadlines, timetables and approval procedures are adhered to
- Foster a collaborative, agile and innovative environment
- Lead creative teams to ensure high quality work
- Mentor team with regular performance feedback
- Creative visionary and refined strategic thinker
- Possess exceptional presentation skills
- Provide career path direction
- Foster positive inter-department relationships
- Champion the art craft within EY
- Actively shape and participate in company culture
Skills and attributes for success
- Exceptional portfolio that demonstrates conceptual thinking and strong understanding of branding
- Significant digital brand-building experience including concept development
- Fluent in strategic planning and creative execution
- Proven mentoring, supervisory and team-building skills
- Expert knowledge of all steps required in the creative development process
- Inspired passion for, and understanding of, new and emerging technologies
To qualify for the role you must have
- Education Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Fine Arts, Graphic Design, Digital Media Design, or Advertising/Portfolio school
- 8+ years of recognized expertise developing strategic creative solutions
- A solid portfolio
- All-round cool creative director
What working at EY offers you
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.