BuildDirect is looking for a forward thinking, highly engaging Graphic Designer that loves continuously growing and finding new ways to raise the bar in Design. This Graphic Designer will be designing presentations, creating infographics and visuals for social media. They will also be liaising and building great relationships with other designers, production artists, freelancers, photographers, illustrators, prepress technicians and printers.
- Develop concepts and execute design collaterals across mixed media marketing & site assets:
- Marketing & Site Promotions: Create promotional assets for the company’s website, affiliate’s websites, and social media
- Work closely with our creative and paid-media team to ideate and design ads for a variety of online advertising and social platforms
- Conduct market research and analysis to interpret trends from a graphic design perspective
- Conceptualize and create promotional asset for paid advertising channels (Google Display, Criteo, Facebook, Pinterest, Linkedin, etc)
- Branding & Internal Materials: Experience with branding, visual line and internal materials, such as business cards, institutional folders, flyers, decks, letterhead, etc), social media assets and videos for the company’s channels.
- E-Books, Flipbooks, Booklets, and Catalogs: Visual line, graphic project, layout, illustrations, image treating and infographics.
- Printing Projects, quotes and direct contact with external vendors. Updating and reordering print assets (booklets, promotional folders, business cards, postcards, etc).
- Videos for Social Media: Concept, approach, script, composition, editing and animating short videos
- Traditional Media: Concept, approach, visual line and final Ads for traditional media.
- Manage expectations of internal stakeholders for timelines and volume of design work
- Maintain a consistent brand presence across all channels
- Stay up to date on web design trends and ensure that BuildDirect is a design leader
- Manage a series of projects in a demanding and fast-paced work environment
- Participate in the design & execution of print and electronic campaigns, including website graphics, email newsletters, web banners, print ads, in-store signage and brochures/booklets
- Up-to-date on current trends & best practices
- Ability to communicate and explain creative decisions
- Openness to feedback, iterating concepts / visuals, and flexibility with timelines
- Ability to take a strategy-led approach to execute visual concepts
- 3+ years of professional experience designing for web, print and digital.
- Experience with research and analysis, project management, strategies, hypothesis, proposals, visual concept and approach for campaigns.
- Illustration skills and/or experience in traditional media production would be a bonus
- Expertise in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign. Experience with Sketch and/or Figma
- Strong communication and presentation skills
Some of the Perks:
- Endless opportunities to learn
- Flexible work opportunities
- Health & medical benefits
- Work in Vancouver (hybrid in-office/at-home role)
- Growing company with an energetic fast-paced environment
We're working remotely as we renovate our new office space at 200 Granville. We're moving back into the office in September 2021, and will be employing a hybrid model of in-office/remote work as we look to fulfilled the needs and preferences of our co-workers.
Interested candidates are asked to apply directly on our website.