Graphic Designer/Marketing Coordinator - Toronto
Design Workshop Architects believes that exceptional architecture, art, and design transform how we live. We combine practical problem solving with a passion for improving the built environment. We are a Toronto-based architecture and design firm. Established in 2011, Design Workshop provides a wide range of services based on our broad experience in interior and architectural design across multiple sectors. We are a full-service architectural practice, working through all phases of planning, design and construction. Technically fluent and equipped with a very strong production capacity, we are immersed in leading edge discussions around urban issues, construction practices and emerging technology, and we also consult on a range of topics related to design, including accessibility, heritage, real estate, condition assessments, building envelope and master planning.
We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic, resourceful and self-motivated Graphic Designer with a high level of technical skill and impeccable attention to detail to coordinate the day-to-day marketing efforts of the firm. As DWA is a boutique firm, you will be reporting to and working directly with the Principals. The ideal candidate has an education and training in graphic design and is looking to expand their experience into a broader marketing role which will include rolling out our visual identity across the organization, the development of marketing collateral (written and visual), and assisting with the coordination of our marketing and sales strategy. The successful candidate will possess a strong portfolio with professional work examples that demonstrate concept development with a sharp eye in layout, typography, composition, visual storytelling and illustration skills. Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize multiple projects and deadlines are a must.
At DWA, we invest in our people. We are mentors, visionaries, and hard workers. We cherish curiosity, talent, collaboration, and camaraderie. We offer a flexible work environment and encourage our employees to be their best self, personally and professionally, so we can grow together.
- believe in the potential for design to influence our world for the better,
- are an exceptional and disciplined visual communicator,
- get excited about new possibilities, are inherently curious and love to learn,
- want to contribute to the future knowing your work will meaningfully help shape where the practice is going,
- understand the start-up mentality but also appreciate solid process and structure,
… then Design Workshop is the place for you.
As directed by the Principals, the successful candidate will be responsible to for day-to-day coordination of our marketing efforts, including developing engaging imagery, documents, posts, presentations and proposals to help us win new clients, move into new sectors and expand our services and impact in the world.
- Flesh-out already strong brand identity and manage roll-out across all marketing collateral, both print and digital, including but not limited to: stationary, business cards, document templates (both Word and InDesign), proposal documents.
- Brand management through the design and implementation of company-wide Graphic Standards Guidelines, ensuring application across all materials (print & digital).
- Develop graphic imagery content (diagrams, illustrations, etc.).
- Develop PowerPoint templates and assist with presentations.
- Responsible for managing company portfolio image bank of all visual assets, including professional photography.
- Graphic design and maintenance of all proposal assets (employee CVs, project sheets, diagrams, infographics, etc.). Responsible for filing and keeping organized.
- Responsible for all print production, in-house and external (pre-press, coordinate with printers, attend press-approval, etc.). Can design to any environment, size, scale, etc. and prep flawless files.
- Manage social media, including content development and publishing as well as monitoring analytics.
- Manage website, including preparing and uploading new content and monitoring analytics.
- Manage award submissions.
- Assist with speaking opportunity submissions and the development of presentations.
- Assist with PR initiatives.
- Manage the development and distribution of our e-newsletter.
- Facilitate bi-weekly marketing meetings.
- Research opportunities or sectors to find new opportunities.
- Assist with media production (video) as needed.
- Assist with event planning as needed.
- Demonstrate commitment to personal and professional development.
Business Development Support:
- Monitor procurement sites (e.g. Merx, Biddingo, etc.) for project opportunities.
- Manage contacts database (CRM).
- Outreach to project and/or prospect leads.
- Assist with follow up with prospects, to advance the sales process.
- Work with Principals to prepare sales presentations.
- Maintenance of sales database and pipeline.
- Work with Principals to prepare responses to RFPs; manage entire process to ensure delivery of quality proposal submissions on time.
- Follow up on proposal submissions tracking win/loss results.
- Participate in post-mortems and/or proposal debriefs to learn how future submissions can be improved.
The ideal candidate has the following experience and qualifications:
- Post-secondary degree or college diploma in graphic design or relevant related discipline.
- Minimum of 2 years’ professional experience in graphic design, specifically in a corporate environment; experience in editorial design preferred but not essential.
- Demonstrable experience in the development of a corporate brand identity and roll-out across all print and digital materials, including the development of corporate templates (Word and InDesign) and corporate branding guidelines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; proofreading and copy-editing experience an asset.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong time management skills; able to prioritize tasks, with frequently changing priorities and deadlines to ensure timely completion of work.
- Knowledge of artwork preparation and print production process including traditional (offset) and digital print media; experienced in pre-press set-up, attending press-approval, etc.
- High sense of ownership, reliable, with a can-do attitude. Self-starter with the flexibility to work well both independently and collaborate with a team, receiving creative direction.
- Must be technically fluent in a PC environment with an excellent working knowledge of MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Lightroom, Wordpress, etc.
- Previous experience working with MailChimp (or other email marketing), Hootsuite, and CRM systems is ideal.
This is a full-time role, at 40 hours per week. Work will be conducted from the office and from home, in line with our hybrid model. The suggested salary is $60K. Interested candidates please send cover letter, resume, and portfolio to the attention of with “Graphic Designer_your name” in the subject line. Only successful candidates will be contacted for interviews; please no phone calls.