Our UX Design team is rethinking how insurance protection is purchased, serviced and delivered. Making insurance easy to understand for our user base is what gets us up in the morning. We focus on providing delightful and intuitive experiences with our products, while helping the rest of the organization to build empathy for our users. UX design is a critical part of the Slice Labs value proposition, and we are constantly looking to innovate and improve.
This role will design and deliver thoughtful user experiences to meet the demands of an on-demand world. You’ll be working on a diverse set of UX challenges and will be involved from product strategy through to product design and delivery, participating in cross-functional teams to get products and features to market.
You are enthusiastic about the entire UX design lifecycle. You would get the chance to touch upon various points of the process including user research, developing our long term UX strategy, UI design, prototyping and user testing. Ideally, you work well in a collaborative workplace environment and enjoy working in cross-functional teams to achieve desired outcomes.
What you’ll do:
- Facilitate design thinking workshops with both our internal product team and our insurance partners.
- Own the full product design lifecycle including: ux strategy, storyboarding, wireframes, high-fi mockups, InVision prototypes/specs.
- Design for both responsive web and native mobile.
- Work closely and collaboratively with team members including other designers, developers and product managers.
- Support Dev, QA and PMs by communicating design specifications and ensuring proper collaboration materials.
- Run usability tests and conduct user surveys/interviews.
- Mentor junior designers and triage team workload.
- Help to define the overall UX design strategy at Slice.
It would be awesome if you bring:
- 5 years experience in a similar role with a portfolio of case studies showcasing your product design process, problem solving skills and visual/UI abilities.
- Experience using research to influence your design decisions.
- Experience using/contributing to a design system (preference for InVision Design System).
- An up-to-date understanding of best practices and trends in both visual and interactive design (mobile + web).
- Experience shipping mobile and desktop products.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Empathy for customers with a drive to gain insights and understanding of their product needs.
- Ability to present your designs and effectively communicate your rationale to both partners and internal stakeholders.
We are currently working remotely due to COVID-19 with the intention of returning back to the office, at least in some capacity once it is safe to do so. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team, and encourage people with diverse backgrounds to apply.
If you feel your qualifications are nearly there, or if this sounds like it could be a good fit for you, apply and tell us more about you! To apply visit our site here.
Slice is disrupting the idea that insurance needs to be a fixed product, with a fixed term, with fixed coverage. We believe it can and should be all digital and on-demand, so customers get only the coverage they need, right when they need it.
We’re building a team of innovators and disruptors to change the insurance experience to meet the demands of an on-demand world. At Slice, we’re focused on ensuring our products provide a positive, individualized customer experience. Our smaller teams invite broader thinking and problem solving, where nobody is pigeonholed into a predetermined role. We work in an open, supportive, environment that values and promotes inclusiveness, innovation, and collaboration. It’s fast-paced, dynamic and fulfilling.
Let's revolutionize insurance for the new on-demand economy.