Cygnus Design Group seeks a designer for wayfinding and environmental graphics projects. This role requires strong planning, design, and production experience to develop and oversee implementation of large signage programs. Awareness of production techniques, materials, and finishes are preferred.
Cygnus Design Group is Canada’s leading wayfinding and environmental graphic design organization. With offices across Canada, we improve how people navigate environments, access important products and services, and engage with our client's brands. Find out more about our work at www.cygnus.group.
We are seeking a designer for wayfinding and environmental graphics projects. This role requires strong planning, design, and production experience to develop and oversee implementation of large signage programs. Awareness of production techniques, materials and finishes are preferred.
5 or more years of relevant experience is recommended. Salary expectations are requested in a cover letter. Please include a website or pdf of relevant work.
- Design and development for signage and wayfinding programs.
- Oversee and lead tasks related to project delivery from tendering to completion.
Specific tasks could include:
- Create and refine message schedules and locations plans.
- Develop sign elevation drawings and spec materials and finishes for signage outcomes.
- Review sign bylaws and provide city coordination.
- Coordinate with signage production and installation vendors.
- Review shop drawings and vendor supplied documentation for compliance with design intent and municipal building/accessibility standards.
- Attend site reviews, progress meetings, installation reviews and deficiency walk-throughs, and provide reports related to project progress.
Ideal candidates should have:
- Project management experience: ability to manage multiple clients and projects with minimal oversight.
- Fabrication knowledge: understanding of materials and manufacturing processes.
- Software experience: Comfortable with G Suite apps, Adobe InDesign and Adobe Illustrator.
- Experience or training in a design related industry is an asset.