Jacknife is a diverse team of creative problem solvers dedicated to making the world better(er). We believe that design has the power to affect positive change. By working closely with our clients, listening to people and appreciating the complexity of cultural contexts, we are able to craft brands, products, services and experiences that enrich people’s lives.
We work with courageous brands to craft smarter engagement strategies and inspired creative experiences across every brand interaction. We place a high value on the roles of both creativity and empathy in understanding the human experience of brands in our ever-changing digital-first world. We are the original Design Thinkers, (and Design Doers). We don’t pander to the ‘tried and true’ but leverage our team’s diverse skillset to divine unique creative solutions that are driven by purpose, rarely forgotten and a pleasure to experience. We are brave, we are inspired, we are Jacknife.
We are looking for a like-minded Senior Designer to join our team. Someone well-rounded who takes an experiential approach, who has corporate experience and is eager to work on branding projects of all sizes. A good systems designer who is sharp and flexible loves white space and grids. Who thrives in rapid-fire moments and has the ability to switch gears quickly in response to changing studio priorities.
Design is not something we do for a living, it’s something we live doing!
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Take a leadership role in the studio; embracing the ethos and brand values of Jacknife while managing creative teams and client projects, mentoring younger designers and supporting our partner.
- Engage with creative projects in a client-facing capacity that includes creative presentations, project briefings with key stakeholders, and maintaining exceptional client relationships.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to demonstrate an ability to convey complex creative concepts to clients.
- Demonstrate a commitment to professional development, staying on top of design culture and industry trends.
- Maintain focused and strategic thinking while multitasking projects with tight timelines.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- 7+ years of design studio experience in a graphic design capacity.
- An exceptional portfolio that demonstrates conceptual and strategic thinking with a strong understanding of branding and experience in crafting brand identities, design systems and guides, packaging and user experience (UI/UX).
- You value design research as part of your process, with experience auditing brands and visual design systems to pull insights that provide direction to clients and creative teams.
- Have an inspired passion for, and understanding of, new and emerging technologies.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, In Design, Photoshop) – animation/motion graphics experience (AfterEffects) is a plus.
- Ability to multitask, balance multiple projects at a time, and execute across a broad range of mediums.
- You’re as adept at ideation and concept design, as you are at adapting existing design systems in creative new ways for application in branded communications and marketing campaigns.
- You have the courage to share your opinions and point of view when creative guidance and direction are needed.
- You have exceptional verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Extreme attention to detale (did you catch that?)
- Actively participate and help influence company culture.
- You live design. You are constantly looking for new sources of inspiration, and have outside interests that inform your work.
Please send your resumé and a pdf of your work to Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Jacknife.
Jacknife is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We believe in inclusivity and do our best work when people with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and skills are brought together in collaboration. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, or disability status.