- Arise by Samantha Lam Student RGD, Kacey Lee Student RGD and Irene Li Student RGD, York University/Sheridan College, Toronto/Oakville, ON
- Forme by Kelsie Leung Student RGD, Irene Li Student RGD, Suyue (Amy) Liao Student RGD and Sam Yang, York University/Sheridan College, Toronto/Oakville, ON
Award sponsored by Nurun
Arise, a career growth application, by focusing on goal setting, certifications, skills and career analysis, connects employees with companies who in alignment their future goals. The app was developed after multiple interviews with the target audience and after several rounds of user-testing. Arise aims to promote positive, growth oriented work culture in companies.
Educator Support: Borzu Talaie
Forme is a smart posture correction device integrated with LiDAR and Pressure Sensors designed to help users understand their posture habits in real-time. A fully customizable experience, Forme provides insights, reports and daily, weekly, monthly metrics. The non-invasive device comes with a companion app.
- Cordia: Tablet App For Dementia Patients by Joyce Chan Student RGD, Capilano University, North Vancouver, BC
- Unravel by Tiffany Chau, York University/Sheridan College, Toronto/Oakville, ON
- Tunefull: Uniting Audiences with Music Makers by Vanesa Montoya Fendt Provisional RGD et al., Emily Carr University of Art + Design, Vancouver, BC
Yasemin Çenberoglu, Director of Design at Digitalist in Vancouver, BC
Yasemin is an award-winning German designer with Turkish roots. Shelived and worked in Europe and the US before moving to Vancouver to lead Product and UX teams locally and globally. At Digitalist, she leads a talented team of UX & UI designers, UX researchers, visual designers and service designers.
Belinda Burr RGD, User Experience Visual Designer
Belinda Burr is an Australian user experience designer who previously lived in New Zealand and England before settling in Ontario. She has worked for OpenText, one of Canada’s largest software companies, since 2011. She is responsible for the Visual Design for the OpenText Design System, an ever-growing collection of reusable components, patterns, and best practices that ensure consistent look and feel of experience across the company’s large suite of products. At OpenText, she has designed for a broad spectrum of software products and platforms as part of an in-house team of Interaction Designers, Visual Designers, and User Researchers.
Genevieve Metropolis RGD, UX Manager at Canada Post in Toronto, ON
Genevieve is a design leader at Canada Post Digital with more than 15years experience in communication and UX design. She is passionate about empowering designers, as well as working collaboratively to help users, teams, communities and organizations succeed. A strong believer in all things human-centred, she enjoys the challenge of helping enterprise-sized teams incorporate user research and interaction design best-practices into the development of better digital products. Geneviève holds a Bachelor of Communication Design from Emily Carr University of Art and Design and a Bachelor of Arts from Mount Allison University.