Coactuate is a strategic design consultancy obsessed with translating complexity into clarity. Our cross-disciplinary team of strategists, foresight experts, design thinkers, social scientists and biomedical communicators combine management strategy with design thinking approaches to tackle difficult and ambiguous challenges for leading global life sciences and healthcare companies.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits and a chance to work in a fast-paced, creative and highly collaborative studio environment. You'll join a kick-ass team that leads with heart, curiosity, and above all, the drive to impact positive change.
We are proud of our open, playful, and supportive culture. We believe that all our individual voices matter, but we can achieve more together. The core of our success as an organization is our mutual trust and respect for one another. We play team ball, not hero ball. The best part is, we really like spending time together — whether it be virtually (thanks COVID) or in our newly designed office space with lots of room to think, create and collaborate!
At Coactuate, we are focused on building leaders. We believe in the power of a high-touch apprenticeship with constant feedback, safe stretch roles, and space to try new approaches. We are also committed to work-life balance and strive to maintain an environment where people do not sacrifice their professional and personal needs.
About the Design Associate Role:
Design is a core part of our offering to our clients and helps distinguish us from other consultancies. Therefore, we are looking for a full-time, permanent Design Associate to support elevating the design craft across Coactuate, reporting to our Design Director.
What does a Design Associate do?
- Build compelling narratives in project reports and presentations. We look for designers who can leverage their passion for editorial design to bring complex information to life in immersive, innovative ways.
- Bring our co-creative workshops to life. We look for designers who can generate a visual brand that ties together workshop presentations, environmental graphics and activity templates.
- Support the development of corporate branded material as we continue to refine our marketing and business development strategies.
- Brainstorm and develop creative deliverables (e.g. interactive documents, infographics)
- Work on discrete design tasks (e.g. creating icons for reports, improving presentation layouts)
What will you be working on?
Some of the immediate responsibilities you’ll take on are:
- Implementing our new brand across social media, client proposals, internal touchpoints and more
- Building storyboards and assets to bring “TED Talk”-like videos to life
What do you bring to the table?
- 1–3 years of design experience outside of a school environment
- Illustration ability – we’re often asked to visualize patient journeys or complex information in an approachable way
- Idea generation:
- Quickly generate options for brands, visual assets, and more
- Act as a thought partner for other associates, helping them craft their work visually
- Proactively find moments and methods to surprise and delight clients with our design deliverables
- Editorial design — the ability to transform complex content into an engaging narrative
- Ability to articulate your process and the thinking behind design decisions
- Ability to give and receive feedback
- Attention to detail:
- Ability to elevate design from good to great; play an active role in critique and feedback
- Consistency and excellence in typesetting and document layout
- Adobe Creative Suite expertise
- Microsoft PowerPoint proficiency
How can you set yourself apart?
- Video editing or motion design capabilities
- UX design capabilities
- Healthcare industry experience or interest
- Freelance/independent design activities
Thank you for your interest in Coactuate!
Please note, we will only be contacting those who have demonstrated a good fit for the role.