We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic, resourceful, and self-motivated Graphic Designer with a high level of technical skill and impeccable attention to detail to coordinate the day-to-day marketing efforts of the firm. The ideal candidate has an education in graphic design and is looking to expand their experience into a broader marketing role and will assist with the coordination of our marketing and sales strategy. The successful candidate will possess a strong portfolio with professional work examples that demonstrate concept development with a sharp eye in layout, typography, composition, visual storytelling and illustration skills.
At DWA, we invest in our people. We are mentors, visionaries, and hard workers, and are committed to fostering an equitable and diverse work environment. We cherish curiosity, talent, collaboration, and camaraderie. We offer a flexible work environment and encourage our employees to be their best self, personally and professionally, so we can grow together.
Working closely with the Principals, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Create new templates based on our brand, for all office documents, presentations and materials (print and digital), in Word and InDesign.
- Brand management through the design and implementation of company-wide graphic standards guidelines, ensuring consistency across all materials (print & digital).
- Develop graphic imagery content for projects and marketing (diagrams, illustrations, etc.), with organized files.
- Manage portfolio and image bank of all visual assets, including professional photography.
- Design, coordinate and assemble pre-press files for flawless printed and digital proposals, award submissions, presentations, promotional materials, and keep assets organized.
- Manage social media, including content development & management, and publishing as well as monitoring analytics.
- Manage website, including preparing and uploading new content and monitoring analytics on Google and WordPress.
- Prepare marketing communications, e-newsletter, and manage our contacts database.
- Assist with media production (video) and event planning as needed.
- Monitor procurement sites (e.g. Merx, Biddingo, etc.) and research project opportunities.
- Maintenance of lead tracking and our sales database and pipeline.
The ideal candidate has the following experience and qualifications:
- Post-secondary degree or college diploma in graphic design.
- Minimum of 2 years’ professional experience in graphic design, specifically in a corporate environment; experience in editorial design preferred but not essential.
- Experience with the development of a brand identity and roll-out across all print and digital materials, including corporate templates (Word and InDesign) and branding guidelines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; proofreading and copy-editing experience an asset.
- Strong time management skills: able to prioritize tasks with frequently changing priorities and deadlines to ensure timely completion of work.
- Experience and knowledge of artwork preparation process for print and digital.
- Fluent in a PC environment with an excellent working knowledge of MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Lightroom, etc.
- Experience with marketing platforms such as MailChimp (or other email marketing), Hootsuite, or CRM systems is ideal.
This is a full-time role at 40 hours per week, working from the office and from home, in line with our hybrid model. Salary will be based on experience. Interested candidates please send cover letter, resume, and portfolio to with “Graphic Designer_Your Name” in the subject line. Only successful candidates will be contacted for interviews; please no phone calls.