A Sr. Product Designer at Vidyard is someone who is passionate about creating compelling video products based on insights from real people and is constantly thinking about the user, the business, and the technology. You'll have the opportunity to take design ownership of large projects working closely with a cross-functional team of talented designers, product managers, engineers, QA, marketers and data analysts. You will collaborate with your cross functional group to define roadmaps and goals to create beautifully designed products from research, ideation to launch.
This is a remote position.
See Remote @ Vidyard for details
In this role you will focus on:
- Product Thinking: Work closely with Product, Engineering, QA, Marketing and Business Ops to define team strategy, set roadmap priorities and deliver practical, elegant solutions that delight users
- Data: You have a data-influenced but customer-centric design mentality that aligns quantitative and qualitative insights to design thoughtful solutions that drive business outcomes
- Collaboration: Collaborate with the design team to create a cohesive, consistent user experience and amplify the design discipline at Vidyard
- Facilitation: Plan and facilitate cross-functional brainstorming sessions to align stakeholders and identify new opportunity areas for impact
- Production: Rapidly produce multiple design concepts; knowing when to create pixel-perfect prototypes, and when to make low-fi sketches
- Mentorship: Provide regular, direct and impactful feedback in Design Critiques. Engage individual designers in adjacent product teams to help them grow their skills and design toolkit.
- Design experience at a product led growth organization, ideally with a freemium to paid product
- Ability to own the end-to-end design process, from rough ideas and wireframes, to high fidelity prototypes using tools such as Miro, Figma, and Principle
- Familiarity with front-end development frameworks
- A strong understanding of the research and testing methods required to develop customer empathy and validate ideas.
- Can autonomously juggle multiple projects at once while balancing speed with quality
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
To apply you will:
- Submit your resume and cover letter describing your unique fit for this role
- A portfolio of design work that showcases your UX and design skill sets.
- Include links to your portfolio, Instagram, Dribbble, etc. where we can learn more about your work!
Life as a Vidyardian:
You will have the opportunity to create your own destiny in your role by generating and managing your own projects and seeing the impact of your work. At Vidyard you will work alongside the best and brightest in the industry. We hire carefully for technical expertise and cultural fit, and are proud of our team!
On top of competitive pay, we offer generous subsidies for health & wellness and continuing education. We also offer three flexible benefit plans to suit your unique needs, so choose what’s best for you/your family and your coverage starts as soon as you do.
Along with the health benefits and health/lifestyle spending accounts, additional benefits include unlimited vacation, RRSP match programs, ESOP and learning and development spending accounts.
Vidyard also offers paid volunteer opportunities! At Vidyard, giving back is in our DNA. No matter where we are, we always want to be committed to giving back as part of our commitment to our communities. So choose a cause that is important to you within your own community and give back, on us!
Finally, our teams never miss an opportunity to have fun! Be prepared to enjoy virtual parties (often paired with special deliveries, special guests and sometimes surprises!) and take part in internal communities based on your interests/hobbies!
Remote @ Vidyard
As a video centric organization, Vidyard mastered the art of remote work long before the pandemic forced businesses to adapt. So, whether you are located close to one of our collaboration spaces in Vancouver, BC, & Kitchener, ON, or if home is anywhere else in Canada, you will not only be an integral part of the team, you’ll feel like an integral part of the team.
In order to ensure an enjoyable work experience for all employees, Vidyard is dedicated to ensuring all Vidyardians have an opportunity to:
- Level up their home office/workspace,
- Socialize meaningfully within teams as well as across the organization,
- Enjoy a flexible work schedule (We know your time is valuable! Own your work in a way that best suits your lifestyle)
We believe that working remotely shouldn’t cause any barriers to a great employee experience, so from onboarding to day to day operations, when you work remotely at Vidyard your colleagues and leaders are only as far as a *virtual* tap on the shoulder away.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Vidyard. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Agency calls will not be accepted.
Vidyard is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should notify the Talent Acquisition Team.
You can apply online here.