How #HeyRGD works
To participate, students are asked to share a project that demonstrates the prompt on Instagram with the hashtag #HeyRGD and #HeyRGDMay22.
Remember to make sure your profile is public. You can submit old work, something new or even old work that's been posted already (just edit it to have the hashtag #HeyRGD and #HeyRGDMay22). You must use both hashtags. You can re-submit a project you submitted previously (if it didn't win) by adding the new hashtag. To be selected to present your project on Instagram Live, you must provide a brief explanation of your design choices and how you used the prompt in your work.
Student RGD Members will be selected based on how well they used the prompt, and will have their work featured on the RGD Instagram and LinkedIn accounts.
Three participants will each win an RGD Professional Handbook ($30 value) and an opportunity for a one-on-one portfolio review with one of our Judges. You must be a Student RGD Member to receive recognition or the prizes.
- Avinash Raj RGD, Principal at Slalom Consulting and Founder at payitfwd.design
- Meg Lynch RGD, Design Director at Forge Media + Design
- Scott Ferguson RGD, Freelance Graphic Design Specialist
- July-August: The prompt is Branding and Packaging. Winners received a $500 scholarship to attend DesignThinkers Toronto taking place on Oct 27-28.
- September-October: The prompt is Social Good Design. Winners receive RGD Professional Handbook and a portfolio review.
- November-December: The prompt is Print & Editorial Design. Winners receive RGD Professional Handbook and a portfolio review.
#HeyRGD is an initiative created by the Student Committee to help students promote their work and connect with industry professionals.