In this role you will partner closely with various teams and senior leadership, to ensure messaging alignment and impact across all stakeholders. You’ll elevate the brand through comprehensive corporate communications, media and community relations. And, you’ll have the collaborative support of your colleagues from Demand Generation, Brand and Creative to help make it happen.
- Build and guide a high-performing PR and media relations activities
- Provide direction and strategic oversight to PR agencies and team members. Measure and evaluate results.
- Develop and lead press releases, public statements, byline articles, talking points, media briefing documents, press kits, award applications and more.
- Provide strategic direction and execution of community impact programming, initiatives, and partnerships
- Identify opportunities to promote community engagement through proactive content development across multiple channels.
- Write key messages for your initiatives and programs. Research and ask the right questions of internal and external stakeholders to ensure we’re communicating exactly what we want people to read, hear and remember. Act as an arbiter of best practices in grammar, messaging, writing, and style.
- Build a network of influence among key media channels including relevant trade publications, influencers, agencies, associations, partners, etc.
- Further develop our customer advocacy program, Blackline Collective, nurturing and growing relationships and implementing advocate marketing and communication plans.
- Support in preparation of investor and analyst communications and other assets.
- Manage the editorial calendar, execute media campaigns and initiatives, ensure timelines are met and the accuracy of deliverables, anticipate challenges, develop recommendations, and brief relevant agencies or in-house creative team.
- Support internal and executive communications aligned with our vision, mission, and product positioning.
What we're looking for
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or related post-secondary designation.
- 8-10+ years of media and investor relations and corporate communications. Ideally with a combination of high-tech, agency and corporate environments.
- At least 5-7 years of experience leading and building high-performing teams.
- Proven writing and proficient storytelling skills, including development and delivery of articles, news releases, media alerts, backgrounders, fact sheets, speeches, bios, executive briefing materials, web site content and other media / digital communication content.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with cross-functional, senior and executive leaders.
- Strong understanding of content and media measurement, optimization and reporting.
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills.
- Experience supporting business leaders and specialized functions such as Safety, HR, IS, business development, and investor relations.
- This position is based out of Calgary, Alberta.
- Full-time salaried position: compensation to match your experience and talent.
- Rapidly growing tech company expanding globally.
- Extended Health and Dental benefits, along with a wellness program.
- Employee Family Assistance Program.
- Educational Assistance Program.
- Patent Program
- Company stock purchase plan with matching RSP contributions.
About Blackline Safety
Blackline Safety is a world leader in the development and manufacturing of wirelessly connected safety products. We offer the broadest and most complete portfolio available in the industry. Our products are designed to save lives and we monitor personnel working alone in populated areas, complex indoor facilities, and the remote reaches of our planet. Blackline’s products are used to keep people safe in the event of falls, missed check-ins, man-downs and exposure to explosive or toxic gas. Our design, development, sales, marketing, support, and production are all performed in-house at our headquarters in Calgary, AB. Blackline Safety is a publicly traded company (TSX: BLN). To learn more about our company visit www.blacklinesafety.com.
Blackline Safety is powered by the diversity of our talented employees. We are an equal opportunity employer. We consider all applicants, regardless of age, religion, race, color, ancestry, gender, gender identity or expression, disability, national origin, race, sexual orientation. We enthusiastically encourage all individuals to apply for positions that fit their passions. Come join our inclusive team and start collaborating with us on exciting projects!
You can apply online here.