UX/UI Designer - Toronto/Remote
Office/Bureau is looking for an experienced UX/UI Designer to join our team and help us create engaging, high impact websites for our clients.
We’re a small studio working on big projects with a tightly integrated design and development process. As a UX/UI Designer, you will take on complex website and interactive design projects, as well as a range of other design projects for our clients. You will be a valued participant in O/B’s entire process: discussions with new and existing clients, research and ideation, developing IA, building wireframes, creating refining design concepts with the input of the Creative Director and client, presenting work and building client relationships, and collaborating with the development team to ensure the end result meets our high standards.
We’re looking for 3–5 years of work experience, collaborating with developers, other designers and creating work for clients. This role will focus on user experience and user interface design, but experience in print, editorial and brand identity design are also an asset.
This role is open to remote candidates with a preference for Eastern time zone.
The ideal candidate has
- a fresh, contemporary design aesthetic
- a team-player mindset, but the independence to run with an idea on their own
- grace under pressure and a strong commitment to meeting deadlines
- an interest in design thinking and strategy, and the ability to participate in the creative process
- at least one personal project on the go that they’re passionate about
- 3–4 year college diploma or university degree in design
- 3–5 years working experience, with a portfolio that includes interactive and visual design
- Proficient in Sketch or Figma and Adobe Creative Suite
- A strong understanding of interaction design, usability, accessibility and current best practices in designing for desktop and mobile devices
- Experience collaborating with a development team, other designers, and creating work for clients
- Ability to work remotely and attend virtual meetings Monday to Friday between 9am – 5pm EST
Compensation & Benefits
- Compensation based on experience (please provide expectations)
- Performance-based bonuses
- Unlimited paid time off
- Group health benefits plan
- Remote work stipend
In 2020 the Office/Bureau team left our offices and switched to a fully remote working style. We operate mostly asynchronously, but still make time to engage socially whether on Slack or Meet. We have no immediate plans to return to an office environment, but as the COVID-19 situation evolves, we may explore the possibility of a shared workspace for occasional drop-in work or meetings.
Who We Are
We believe in the power of information to create meaningful change, and we believe that insightful strategy, good design, and user driven development can help turn information into knowledge. We work with organizations, institutions, governments, and companies to make their work more accessible, more effective, and more compelling, helping to exceed their goals, build memorable experiences and maximize their impact on the world around us.
How to Apply
Please email your resume along with links to your work to