Project Coordinator - Remote
Manoverboard is a studio driven by designers and developers on a mission to create a better world, by design. We are the first Certified B Corporation in our province, providing digital strategies, websites, content, and visual identities to progressive businesses, large nonprofit organizations, and educational institutions. We care about economic opportunity, the wellbeing of people and all life on earth, and the immense environmental challenges our world faces. As a studio focused on helping our clients create positive social change and create a more sustainable planet, we also believe in building a team of diverse and talented people who seek to make a difference.
We are a small team that works remotely from our respective homes in Winnipeg, Canada, meeting in person on occasion. We believe that an exceptional team creates exceptional work and impact. We believe in the principles of justice, equity, and diversity, and we hire and promote regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, or skin colour.
What is the position?
We currently seek a Project Coordinator who can help manage the studio’s workflow and its numerous internal and external projects — and who can contribute to the overall health and success of the organization.
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for the smooth delivery of the company’s design and technology services, with an emphasis on the ability to work closely with everyone on the team to successfully complete client project objectives. Equally important is the candidate’s willingness to stretch and grow with the business. The right candidate will care about the future of design, have high ethical standards, and embrace new challenges. The individual will be kind, friendly, and a good advocate for all parties.
This is a full-time remote-work position. Preference will be given to candidates in Winnipeg and we are looking to hire as soon as possible.
What are the Project Coordinator’s roles and responsibilities?
- Oversee and manage the day-to-day work operations of the design and development team
- Assess and care for client needs during all stages of the project, from client onboarding to launch of a project
- Communicate with clients regularly to provide status updates and answer any questions they might have
- Work collaboratively with all team members, including assisting with account management and business development
- Support leadership by preparing and sending proposals, work orders, estimates and other related documents
- Schedule internal and external meetings related to project processes and tasks
- Maintain the daily job board and facilitate morning team check-in and other meetings
- Establish and maintain necessary project documentation during the course of an engagement
Administrative and communications responsibilities
- Act as the first point of contact for the studio via email and telephone
- Manage and report on budgets and invoicing and keep track of general financials
- Manage workflow and files in Basecamp and in other applications
- Coordinate our social media, blog and newsletter communications activities
- Research and write new content for the studio’s social media, blog and newsletter
- Assist with setup, integration and migration of content for websites and reports, as needed
Who are we looking for?
Education & experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in project or account management in a creative agency or a marketing and communications department
- Bachelor’s degree or a relevant 2-year diploma, or applicable work experience
Skills, abilities & interests
- Exceptional organizational, written, verbal and communication skills
- Ability to manage and navigate multiple projects easily and effectively
- Experience with online project management, CRM, and invoicing tools
- A team player and able to think and act independently
- Interested in creating positive social and environmental impact through your work
What are the salary and benefits?
Compensation is based on work experience and expertise. We are a small studio but we offer industry-leading employee benefits, including comprehensive health insurance after three months of employment, 15 days of paid holidays, continuous learning opportunities, and observation of all major Canadian holidays.
What is the application and hiring process?
If this position is of interest to you, please email your cover letter and resume to . Please indicate “Project Coordinator” in the subject line. If your application is selected, we will reach out to you for an interview. No phone calls please. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Thank you. We look forward to hearing from you.
Manoverboard is located on Treaty One Territory. We honour the lands that we occupy and their traditional keepers: the Anishnaabe, Cree, Dakota and Métis.