At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch the lives of 30 million Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We’re also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion – find out more at www.allinforequity.ca.
This role has been posted in locations where we have a Rogers corporate site. We encourage qualified candidates from across the country to apply who can reasonably commute to one of these locations.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, some of our team members are working from home, and are equipped to do so safely and efficiently.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
Rogers Creative is seeking an experienced and passionate Art Director to lead our internal design team working on Chatr brand.
Please note this is a 12 month contract position.
What you will do:
As an Art Director you will be responsible for overseeing design elements in print, social, digital and motion for Chatr and you will be leading a team of 3 designers to the build-out and execute creative concepts across multiple mediums. You love to think different, ideate and take ownership of projects; these are just a couple of the reasons you love what you do. It goes without saying you have incredibly high standards when it comes to graphic design and art direction.
You also possess a super strong eye for layout, illustration, animation and typography. The role will require that you help lead a team of designers on various projects in all aspects of design, with additional focus on inspiration, education and development.
You feel comfortable presenting ideas and decks at all stages of projects to all levels of clients. The role requires core strengths in the ability to multi-task, co-ordinate, public speak and present, as well as troubleshoot, problem solve and have exceptional people skills.
What you will bring:
- Experience leading creative teams
- Ability to lead designers and be hands on designer
- A strong portfolio with professional work examples that demonstrate concept development with excellent use of typography, composition and illustration
- Ensures the work reflects the client's business and brand requirements
- Outstanding pitching and presentation skills
- An ability to thrive under pressure and tight deadlines
- Effectively communicates direction, presents concepts, answers questions, and troubleshoots changes with the team.
- Strong organization skills with the ability to juggle and prioritize multiple projects at once
- Work from briefing documents to understand client challenges, objectives and brand strategies.
- Design through the lens of the customer journey and customer experience
- Conceptualize and oversee a team to execute the production of quarterly/seasonal campaigns based on client requirements
- Motion skills are an asset (basic to intermediate)
Here’s what you can expect in return:
- A competitive salary
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the “what” and the “how”
- As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority.
As a condition of hire, all new employees will be required to provide proof of vaccinations against COVID 19. Any request for an exception under Human Rights legislation must be supported by evidence to be considered by Rogers on a case by case basis.
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work.
Schedule: Full Time
Length of Contract: 12 months
Work Location: 1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Digital & Creative
You can apply online here.