Our clients have a mission; we design, build and support websites that help their mission thrive.
But we want our employees to thrive as well. Because our team members do great work for great clients, Kanopi works hard to support them in their career as they continue to create a better web.
As a result, our business continues to grow, and so must our team. We’re excited to announce this opportunity to join our team as a UX Strategist.
This position is open to applicants in the US and Canada
ABOUT THE JOB
As Kanopi's UX Strategist, you will be responsible for using qualitative and quantitative research to craft delightful and functional user experiences. You will be our in-house subject matter expert, often serving as the team's advisor responsible for defining the overall UX vision throughout the entire project lifecycle.
You will lead clients through the Discovery process, including but not limited to stakeholder interviews, user feedback collection, and data analysis. Your responsibilities will encompass crafting the Discovery strategy and translating it into deliverables like user flows, customer journey maps, competitor reviews, Information Architecture (IA), sitemaps, template identification, content strategy, and initial prototypes.
Your projects will challenge you to craft user-centered experiences and utilize a data-driven problem-solving approach. You can clearly and confidently articulate the "why" behind your decisions while balancing client desires and user needs.
This position reports to Kanopi's Manager of Creative Services.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Lead the entire lifecycle of user research from open-ended discovery to concept testing, including:
- IA, writing surveys, and user journeys.
- Synthesizing research techniques and data insights that lead to actionable strategic recommendations.
- Review, analyze, and provide design feedback to ensure visuals align with user and business objectives.
- Identify areas of opportunity, defining their priority for internal teams.
- Lead clients through and participate in Discovery and UX work sessions.
- Create project deliverables, including user flows, customer journey maps, IA, sitemaps, wireframes, etc.
- Contribute and collaborate with the Creative Services team to help elevate deliverables.
- Approach User Experience deliverables using an atomic design principle methodology, streamlining the user interactions for visual implementation into pattern libraries, etc.
ABOUT THE COMPENSATION & WORK REQUIREMENTSThis is a full-time position. Salary and compensation is commensurate with experience. Not to worry. The pay is competitive and what you’d expect for this role. This is a 100% remote role, but you must live and be able to work in North America.
We are looking for candidates who have…
NOW... LET'S TALK ABOUT YOU!
- 5+ years of professional experience in web and UX strategy.
- 3+ years of experience working within an agency setting, preferably remotely or with a distributed project team.
- A strong portfolio containing specific examples showcasing user research, journeys, personas, IA, and strategic UX thinking.
- The ability to translate high-level strategic concepts into easily digestible client-friendly information.
- The ability to implement a mobile-first user experience methodology.
- Inherent professionalism and responsiveness to client needs, including issues as they arise.
- General comfort context-switching between multiple projects in a fast-paced, multi-time-zone environment.
- Proactive verbal and written communication skills, and can respond quickly and remain flexible in a rapidly changing environment.
- Curiosity and initiative to learn and adapt to new applications and frameworks.
- Proven experience delivering high-quality work with an eye on time and budget.
At Kanopi, we believe a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and voices make for a better workplace. We strongly and enthusiastically encourage people of color, individuals who identify within and beyond the LGBTQ+ spectrum, women, and people with disabilities to apply.
NOW, WHAT?If you think this post was written just for you, here’s what to do next:
- Submit your resume and a link to your portfolio.
- Answer the questions you see here on this page.
- Send us a cover letter.
Now… About that cover letter… This is VERY important!
Please include all of the typical reasons why you’d be an outstanding candidate for this position, plus answer this question: What is your favorite piece of technology?
Our screening process takes a bit of time, because we like to ensure that you are the perfect fit for us, and we are the perfect fit for you! After we’ve taken a look at your application, we will send you a series of questions that will help us get to know you better. From there, you will engage in several interviews with members of our team, and a skills assessment or two in order to take a look at how you do the things you do! Some candidates may even do a mini-project, depending on the role you are interviewing for. We’ll be happy to explain a bit more once we’re in the interview stage.
Please note - we try to make an effort to contact every applicant to let you know the status of your application, but we are human, so if you don’t hear from us, drop us a line!
Fully Remote: Work where and when you do your best. It’s about feeling connected to others, having a flexible schedule and staying healthy.
Top Talent: Since we are not limited by walls, our ability to hire the best is limitless. Collaborate, learn and surround yourself with a strongly skilled and diverse team.
Travel: Love to see the world? So do we. Just find a place with good wifi, get connected and make great work happen!
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by those assigned to this classification. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by those occupying this position. The job description and job functions described herein are subject to possible modification by Kanopi Studios in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
No agencies, recruiters or applicants outside of the US or Canada.
You can apply online here.