Our clients have a mission; we design, build and support websites that help their mission thrive.
But we want our employees to thrive as well. Because our team members do great work for great clients, Kanopi works hard to support them in their career as they continue to create a better web.
As a result, our business continues to grow, and so must our team. We’re excited to announce this opportunity to join our team as a Content Strategist.
This position is open to applicants in the US and Canada
ABOUT THE JOB
As a Content Strategist, you’ll divide your time between providing strategic content direction for internal teams and client stakeholders. The ideal candidate will work alongside designers, product owners and strategists to solve complex UX challenges while creating delightful content experiences that empower users, build trust, and meet business objectives.
You should be comfortable synthesizing actionable content strategies using insights obtained from user-centered research and UX best practices. You will have a demonstrated ability to clearly and confidently articulate decision-making rationale to team members and client stakeholders.
This position reports to Kanopi's Manager of Creative Services.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Define content journeys across the entirety of a client product.
- Be the voice and champion for user-focused content strategy internally and with client stakeholders.
- Advocate for best practices for creating rich, accessible content experiences.
- Optimize existing content to maximize effective delivery of messaging.
- Collaborate with internal teams to ensure project Information Architecture considers actual content as part of its iterative design and UX process.
- Provide ongoing guidance on tone, voice, and communication strategy to clients.
- Develop content schedules for clients, including but not limited to content outlines/templates, editorial calendars, character counts, etc.
- Innovate and integrate new methodologies and models for content tone and strategy.
- Act as an advocate for content strategy implementation, supporting the overall efforts of the UX/UI team.
- Collaborate with internal teams to refine and elevate Kanopi’s marketing initiatives
ABOUT THE COMPENSATION & WORK REQUIREMENTSThis is a full-time position. Salary and compensation is commensurate with experience. Not to worry. The pay is competitive and what you’d expect for this role. This is a 100% remote role, but you must live and be able to work in North America.
We are looking for candidates who have…
NOW... LET'S TALK ABOUT YOU!
- 3+ years of experience in UX writing, content design, content analysis, and/or content structure and modeling.
- Our preference is that you’ve worked remotely or with a distributed project team
- A strong portfolio showing specific examples of content strategy, content modeling, and UX writing.
- Clear and persuasive communication skills, both written and verbal, including:
- The ability to distill complex technical concepts into easily digestible stories.
- Impeccable writing and grammatical skills.
- Inclusive, supportive, and thoughtful interpersonal communication skills.
- A working understanding of web accessibility guidelines.
- The ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects with short deadlines.
- Proficiency with the Google suite of tools.
At Kanopi, we believe a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and voices make for a better workplace. We strongly and enthusiastically encourage people of color, individuals who identify within and beyond the LGBTQ+ spectrum, women, and people with disabilities to apply.
NOW, WHAT?If you think this post was written just for you, here’s what to do next:
- Submit your resume.
- Send us a cover letter, including your answer to the question below.
Now… About that cover letter… This is VERY important!
Please include all of the typical reasons why you’d be an outstanding candidate for this position, plus answer this question: What is your favorite piece of technology?
Our screening process takes a bit of time, because we like to ensure that you are the perfect fit for us, and we are the perfect fit for you! After we’ve taken a look at your application, we will send you a series of questions that will help us get to know you better. From there, you will engage in several interviews with members of our team, and a skills assessment or two in order to take a look at how you do the things you do! Some candidates may even do a mini-project, depending on the role you are interviewing for. We’ll be happy to explain a bit more once we’re in the interview stage.
Please note - we try to make an effort to contact every applicant to let you know the status of your application, but we are human, so if you don’t hear from us, drop us a line!
Fully Remote: Work where and when you do your best. It’s about feeling connected to others, having a flexible schedule and staying healthy.
Top Talent: Since we are not limited by walls, our ability to hire the best is limitless. Collaborate, learn and surround yourself with a strongly skilled and diverse team.
Travel: Love to see the world? So do we. Just find a place with good wifi, get connected and make great work happen!
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by those assigned to this classification. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by those occupying this position. The job description and job functions described herein are subject to possible modification by Kanopi Studios in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
No agencies, recruiters or applicants outside of the US or Canada.
You can apply online here.