CONTRIBUTING TO THE CANADIAN MEDICAL PROTECTIVE ASSOCIATION
The Communications department provides strategic advice, guides overall messaging and positioning, and provides marketing, creative writing, editing, translation and graphic design services. The department also monitors changes in the physician and healthcare environments, proactively identifies risks and emerging issues and works to ensure that CMPA messages resonate with our members. In addition, the Communications department is integral in driving and supporting change within the Association.
The graphic designer enhances the Association’s corporate messaging and educational collateral for members by developing creative design solutions that provide an excellent user experience. The designer will follow corporate brand guidelines to create a wide variety of products and assets for print and digital platforms. Additionally, the incumbent will develop, implement, and deploy email communications to the Association’s members, while maintaining high design standards and technical quality.
- Meet with clients and other team members to gain an understanding of needs and project vision.
- Determine the scope of a project and help define timeline(s).
- Produce several design concepts considering accessibility, readability, and brand standards.
- Incorporate changes recommended by the clients into the final design, making recommendations as required.
- Collaborate with other members of the design team to maximize creativity, manage capacity and deadlines.
- Complete projects by coordinating with outside agencies, freelance art services, printers, etc.
- Maintain technical knowledge and stay up-to-date with current design standards.
- Review final productions for errors and ensure that proofs reflect client specifications for various channels.
- Test and refine digital communication across various media and/or platforms.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Post-secondary education in graphic design or other related field
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in all facets of design, both digital and print
- High proficiency with latest versions of Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Acrobat DC, Adobe XD, and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of email distribution or marketing automation software (e.g. Sugar Market, Informz, etc.)
- Previous experience in issuing tenders and negotiating contracts with suppliers
- Strong knowledge of WCAG accessibility guidelines and implementation from InDesign
- On-going awareness of current trends in graphic design, both digital and print
- Training in UX (user experience) design is a strong asset
- Illustration ability for both traditional and digital is a strong asset
- Working knowledge of HTML is a strong asset
- Working knowledge of video editing software is an asset
- Working knowledge of white board creation software such as Video Scribe is an asset
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to self-manage workload and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to integrate and work well in a dynamic and collaborative team environment
- Must be able to work collaboratively with members of the design team on individual projects
- Willingness to give and receive feedback
- Strong organizational abilities and consistent attention to detail
- Image creation and advanced photo editing/image manipulation skills
- Ability to work within constraints of established look and feel
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills along with initiative and good judgement
- Excellent time-management skills
- Ability to produce high quality work in an environment with multiple strict deadlines
- Must be flexible during peak workload projects
- Working knowledge of French is an asset
- Job Type: Regular Full-Time Opportunity
- Salary Range: $57,463 to $80,448 annually – classified as a level 7
- This position is classified as primary remote and will work remotely the majority of the time with an average of up to 1-2 days per week on-site in the CMPA offices in Ottawa.
- Skills Assessment: Selected candidates may be required to complete a skills assessment
- Application Deadline: by 4:00PM EST on January 28, 2022
- The CMPA has recently implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Please refer to the CMPA careers page for more details.
You can apply online here.