Graphic Designer - Saskatoon/Remote Friendly
Vendasta’s Marketing team is looking to add a Graphic Designer to their talented team! As a Vendasta Designer, you will be responsible for converting conceptual ideas into images, layouts, and other designs in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will have a comprehensive understanding of how to tell stories visually, how marketing campaigns work, and the ability to inspire, inform and captivate customers.
- Establish a comprehensive understanding of the corporate brand guidelines and ensure a strong alignment of style, voice, and messaging
- Assist in the development of design standards and campaign building that aligns with corporate brand strategy
- Conduct ongoing market and user research to ensure that design remains competitive and attracts target customers
- Plan design concepts by studying behaviour, trends, and competition
- Select and employ colour, imagery, text, and shape to create aesthetically pleasing layouts that clearly communicate key messages
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and teams to establish a vision for design, and the ability to present design ideas to a large group of people
- Competently use computer software to collaborate with other designers, complete tasks and back up working files
- Effectively prepare graphics and media for usage across communication channels (i.e. file compression, exporting, sizing and testing)
- Prototype conceptual drafts and solicit feedback as required
- Provide constructive criticism and feedback to other designers
- Implement finished media across digital and traditional communication channels
- Complete projects by coordinating with outside agencies, art services, printers, etc. when required
- Collaborate with data analysts to measure the effectiveness of marketing and design
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in fine art, design, marketing, or related discipline
- 3+ years experience in professional commercial design
- Proven graphic design and layout skills with a focus on user behaviour and HCI
- Capacity to create the visual aspects of web pages, emails, print documents, presentations and other marketing materials
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS preferred
- Demonstrates a good understanding of best practices and standards used in web design
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects in a deadline-oriented work environment
- Knowledge and experience in working with WordPress is an asset.
Please be prepared to provide a portfolio of your snazziest work along with your application!
Please apply online at here.