Graphic Designer - Toronto
The Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) is North America's third largest transit system and has been recognized as one of the top places to work in the GTA. Guided by a forward-thinking strategic plan, the TTC's vision is to be a transit system that makes Toronto proud. The TTC's recruitment efforts are directly aligned to its mission of providing "a reliable, efficient, and integrated bus, streetcar and subway system that draws its high standards of customer care from our rich traditions of safety, service and courtesy."
Under the direction of the Assistant Manager of Design and Wayfinding, the Graphic Designer is responsible for developing design concepts and further refinements for print and social campaigns, creating infographics and technical illustrations, as well as developing motion graphics.
Key Job Functions
- Display proficiency in layout design for various print communications including, but not limited to, reports, manuals, brochures, posters and advertising.
- Develop digital artwork and motion graphics for the TTC’s website and social media channels and digital signage.
- Create motion graphics for display screens and the TTC’s social media channels.
- Distill complex information into graphs, charts, infographics and pictograms.
- Support presentations by creating templates, animation, charts, etc. with Microsoft Office.
- Implement brand standards and ensure accuracy and consistency with respect to brand compliance.
- Demonstrate excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize to meet multiple deadlines while maintaining close attention to detail.
- Prepare production files for print and digital media.
- Build strong relationships with team members and other departments to foster a collaborative working environment.
- Create accessible documents to be published online.
- Demonstrate behaviours that support diversity, inclusion and a respectful work and service environment that is free from discrimination and harassment. Help to remove barriers and accommodate employees and customers (within their area of responsibility) in accordance with TTC’s commitments and obligations under the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC) and Related Orders, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), and TTC’s policies.
- Participate in the TTC customer service Ambassador Program.
Salary Information: $59,677.80 - $74,529.00
Submit resume, cover letter, and portfolio via TTC's job site.