The RGD's DesignThinkers 2022 Toronto Conference take places Oct 27 & 28 at the Meridian Hall and we're excited to share what's planned for this year's in-person event!
Canada's largest graphic design conference, DesignThinkers brings together thought leaders and collaborators from the global design community for two days of presentations, discussions, socials and more.
In its 23rd year, this in-person (with live streaming) conference features four streams of concurrent sessions themed as inspiration, strategy, trends and workshops. Check out the schedule here (more to be added shortly).
Sessions on October 27 include:
• The Magic of MinaLima with Miraphora Mina and Eduardo Lima from Studio MinaLima
• Finding Our Value in a World of Creative AI by Archie Bagnall, Senior Staff Experience Designer, AI/ML at Adobe
• Design and Create Like an Indie Band, Circa 2008 by Lauralee Sheehan, Founder & Chief Creative Officer at Digital 55
• Defy (verb) by Bráulio Amado, Graphic Designer & Illustrator
• Focus by Kevin Hawkins, Global Director of UX at Glovo
• Create with Conscience: Healthier Tech for a Digitally Distracted World by Bethany Sonefeld, Design Manager at Duo Security
• Thinking in Solitude to Work Better Together by Paloma Rincón Rodriguez, Visual Artist
• 10 Years of Revision Path by Maurice Cherry Award-Winning Creative Producer, Designer, Podcaster & Pioneering Digital Creator
• The Human Side of Innovation by Mauro Porcini, Chief Design Officer & Senior VP at PepsiCo
• How to Make Mistakes on Purpose Workshop with Laurie Rosenwald, Designer, Painter, Educator & Author
We end October 27 with drinks, hors d’oeuvres and much-needed in-person conversations with conference speakers and fellow delegates at the Bier Markt (The Esplanade).
Sessions on October 28 include:
• Branding a Food-Hall with 14 Venues, 400+ Products, a Market and Grocery with One Font (Without Making it Boring) by Matteo Bologna, Founder & Creative Director of Mucca
• Defy Boring: How to make people care about dry subjects with Lionel Gadoury RGD & Christine Caruso from Context Creative
• How to Transition from a Side Business to a Full-Scale Practice by Jolene Delisle Founder & Head of Creative at The Working Assembly
• Designing for Health from the Inside Out by Sara Wachter-Boettcher, Author, Speaker, Coach & Strategist
• I Have No Idea What I’m Doing with Mitch Goldstein, Designer, Artist, Educator & Author
• No Yourself: When breaking free from the familiar and defying your own process leads to extraordinary work with Kaila Jacques and Rodrigo Calderon, Creative Directors at Briteweb
• Abolitionist Design by Terresa Moses, Creative Director at Blackbird Revolt
Improv for Designers by Diana Varma RGD, Design Educator & Podcaster
• The Subtle Art of Creative Confidence with Robert Smith RGD, Founder & Chief Creative Office at greenmelon & Diana Varma RGD, Design Educator & Podcaster
Other DTTO2022 Speakers whose talks are yet to be confirmed include Morag Myerscough, Artist & Designer, Gene Lee, Chief Experience Officer (CXO) at Mailchimp, Eric Hu, Independent Creative Director & Typographer, Marjorie Malpass, Founder and CEO of Nerve Strategic, Tom Foley Creative Type Director at Monotype, Silas Munro & Brian Johnson, Partners at Polymode & many more. View the full list of DTTO 2022 Speakers here.
In addition to presentations, the conference also offers opportunities to connect and share knowledge at themed roundtable discussions, book signings with our speakers (including MinaLima
& Mauro Porcini)
and a Designer Marketplace
For those not able to attend the conference in person, you can sign up to watch the sessions streamed live (and as recordings for 3 months after the in-person event) through Pheedloop!
Questions about travel, accommodations, volunteering & more answered here!